Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,011 Posts
I have ridden with VTX1800 bikes and they often are looking for a gas station after 100-120 miles. I am not sure of the fuel capacity or the fuel mileage for this bike so this 100-120 mile range may just be caution on the part of the rider. Perhaps some actual VTX1800 riders will speak up.

·
Premium Member
1,475 Posts
I reached 117,000 miles last week. 2003 1800s.
If, judging from Vinish's response you are asking about FUEL mileage: I count on 35 mpg or 122.5 miles per tank, but at times I get 140 or 100 depending on my right wrist.

·
Registered
18,086 Posts
As mentioned, these bikes are good for a couple hundred thousand miles, easily, if well maintained. If the concern is stopping for fuel, it depends on as mentioned factors like single or 2 up riding, total weight with accessories like chrome or travel bags, your tire pressures, how much you twist the right wrist, surface you're riding on, riding into headwind, tailwind, if you have a windscreen or fairing, size of the tank depending on model being ridden, things like that. I have a windshield, and the smallest tank @ 4.49 gal. US. My light routinely comes on between 3.5-3.8 gallons, and is roughly 110-115 miles traveled. By then I need to stop anyway to 'get the kinks out', and hit the rest room. Now- for comparison, I was travelling a couple years ago with my buddy Renegade Ricky, and he had a 2004 S model, with a nearly 1 gal. bigger tank. We met and filled up at the same gas station, and headed out towards oHIo on I 70. After riding over a hundred miles or so, my light was coming on, and I pulled alongside to let him know I needed a stop soon. Within another mile or so, he started bucking and slowing down, as he was OUT of fuel. He'd been having an issue with no fuel light, and wasn't paying attention. His Harley fairing was acting like pushing a BIG shoebox down the road and consuming a lot more fuel to maintain highway speed. I'm also riding Darkside, or a car tire, so might have a tad more drag on the rear wheel than most. Just a few things to consider.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts