Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever used Meancitycycles.com for their seat modification? If so what did you like about them? Did the modification fix their problem? Was the quality of work top notch? What modification would you recomend from them?
Thanks, Jeff :coffee:

·
Premium Member
2,476 Posts
IMO, it depends on what you want to do. If you want a more comfortable seat for short trips, and town riding, he's the way to go. If you are going to tour, then pony up for a new Mustang, or Ultimate seat. I tried Mean City, and it helped but not enough. Bought a Mustang and it sucked. I've got 40k on my Ultimate. For me, Ultimate was the way to go.

One thing I want to make clear. I've never heard one bad word about Mean City's people or service. He'd have taken it back until I was happy with it. I just didn't have time to send it back and forth across country.

Another choice would be the custom seat maker that hangs out here. I'm sure that Nobody70 will chime in regarding his work. I think she's had him make her a couple of seats. She's shy though and might not want to post about it. :stirpot::stirpot:

Ride Safe:choppersm

·
Registered
497 Posts
I've put 20,000 miles on my Mean City modded seat (double decker mod). Allen does a great job and his customer service is second to none. I have toyed around with moving to a Mustang or Ultimate seat, more for the wife than me. Just not sure if it's worth the price difference.

·
Certified Biotch!
7,165 Posts
IMO, it depends on what you want to do. If you want a more comfortable seat for short trips, and town riding, he's the way to go. If you are going to tour, then pony up for a new Mustang, or Ultimate seat. I tried Mean City, and it helped but not enough. Bought a Mustang and it sucked. I've got 40k on my Ultimate. For me, Ultimate was the way to go.

One thing I want to make clear. I've never heard one bad word about Mean City's people or service. He'd have taken it back until I was happy with it. I just didn't have time to send it back and forth across country.

Another choice would be the custom seat maker that hangs out here. I'm sure that Nobody70 will chime in regarding his work. I think she's had him make her a couple of seats. She's shy though and might not want to post about it. :stirpot::stirpot:

Ride Safe:choppersm
LoL....Nah I figured that would be rude, and he is currently making me a new seat and I need all of his time going into it ya know:stirpot::stirpot: :bleh::bleh::bleh:

·
Justified Member
2,563 Posts
My wife and I have spent several long days in our MCC saddle, and we love it. Im talking about 16 hrs with no longer than 20 min breaks. Alan fit your seat to you, if you know what you want. Its definitely worth every penny.

·
IBA #37750
1,813 Posts
Has anyone ever used Meancitycycles.com for their seat modification? :coffee:
I've used MCC and only had the single layer applied. I tour 3-5 times a year and am having no regrets at all. Don't have any reason to buy any other seat. Brian does excellent work and gives great customer service.

Go MCC! :mosh:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts