Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
So now that I kind of know a little bit more about what I am doing, it looks like I need to start at ground zero with rejetting. The bike wont do anything at high RPM's. When I get to top end power 4000+ RPM, it chokes and looses all power. I have to let off the throttle and back way down for it to repsond at all. Since its been this way from the largest 220 jet and 215 jet, I am going to work my way down to see if I can get top end power out of it. Im wondering if I am flooding it. If it wont work with smaller jets then I am going to have to change to a different intake.

Mid and low range are running decent now but that doesnt really matter anymore since I have to change the main jet.

·
Registered
18,990 Posts
due to your elevation you may be running way rich on the top end.

I would start with a 195 main and see if you get the top end power out of it

Then you want to get the needle set at the correct position

Start everything with the pilot jet (A/F) set at 2 turns open then after you get the top and mid you would fine tune the A/F for idle.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
I dropped the main jet down to 195. Unfortunately the Factory Pro kit that I have only has a bottom jet of 200 so I had to use one of my old Dynojet jets. Regardless I am getting top end power out of it.

I am going to have to adjust the needle as it hesitates a little at mid range RPM's, when I first hit the throttle. It accelerates for 1/2 a second and then sputters a few seconds before catching up and increasing speed.

61 - 66 of 66 Posts