Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
X Virgin
5,222 Posts
Nope. Looks just about right.....

I took that idea right off the cafe and bbq`d a couple of fatty`s last summer while we were on holiday.
Made one with ground pork and sausage and filled with fresh local peach slices. It was great!

·
Fastest Red Club Member
2007 VTX 1300R, Indianapolis
7,404 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This one i made with 2lbs of ground sausage. 1lb hot italian and 1lb mild mild country type. Used a cookie sheet lined with wax paper to roll the sausage out flat. Fillings this time were finely chopped mushrooms onions cheddar cheese a tad of crumbled gorgonzola some cooked yellow rice finely chopped red bell pepper . I added a dash of garlic powder , thyme and misc others. Smoked it for prolly 90 mins until the internal temp was 150 then i let it rest for 20 mins. I need some cholesterol meds i think.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
C'mon guy's, I've gained 12 LBS over the holidays! Do i really need this.....

·
Banned
3,906 Posts
You could use ground beef with no fat, and Italian turkey sausage spiced to taste. Then wrap with turkey bacon. I normally smoke for 6 to 8 hours and let the smoker do the cooking.

I actually ate a whole one by myself last night while playing a computer game. lol They go fast!

·
X Virgin
5,222 Posts
Preston, now I KNOW you have to come visit me lol
A couple of those fattys and you're good for a weeks ride.....

You could use ground beef with no fat, and Italian turkey sausage spiced to taste. Then wrap with turkey bacon. I normally smoke for 6 to 8 hours and let the smoker do the cooking.

I actually ate a whole one by myself last night while playing a computer game. lol They go fast!

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Last time i asked the wife about getting a smoker she just gave me the "smoke this" look. Those look yummy!

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

1 - 20 of 21 Posts