Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 1300 VTX S
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how Memphis Shades measures the height of their windshields? I have a windshield with memphis shades stickers on the bike i recently purchased and it measures 24" top to bottom, i can't find any options on their website that are that tall. I actually need another two - four inches of height to get the air to go over the top of my helmet and I'm at a loss at what to do.

any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
16,636 Posts
10 years ago, when I had my Shadow 1100, I went to my local Powersports dealer who had a Memphis seat/ w/s gauge to determine what height shield you might need. It was measured from the top center of the headlight opening to top dead center of the w/s, and your line of sight was dead level with where the top needed to be. You should be just able to see over the top, not through, the w/s.

Reactions: Silver F

·
Registered
2005 1300 VTX S
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you for both replies, both good information. I know I am close(couple inches) to being correct, I use the ole hand on the windshield when i riding to see how much more height is needed. The one I have is good until about 60mph, that is when the buffeting starts to get bad, after 75 it's bad enough that you wouldn't want to ride that way for very long.....I think the guy that had the bike before me was tall enough that most of his head was above it, just guessing though.

My local dealers have been less than helpful. their stock answer is tell me the height you want and i can look it up and order it for you. I'm like....I can do that at home and get better prices and a better return policy.....thanks but no thanks...

·
Registered
16,636 Posts
Then they aren't really able to help much at all. Thats why these places go out of business, because of the morons they hire to work there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts