Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent a few hours tonight getting the following checked off my list.

• McMaster-Carr bushings - DONE
  • Pair Valve Mod - DONE

·
Klaatu Barada Nikto
1,807 Posts
:icon_clap:icon_teni:icon_teni:icon_joy::biggrin:

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still Need to do:

Scar Mod
Airbox mod - Not sure if I should decap/spyker/hypercharger ... Hmmm
FP Jet Kit
LED Lights
Light Bar
Wheel Polishing

As a side note, those nylon bushings were throwing me for a loop, trying to insert them into the shocks.. tried manually with a mallet and no go.. scratched my head and BINGO .. used a vice mounted on the work bench and made easy work of it.

Mounting on the bike also had some challenge as the stem was cutting into the center of the bushing, sat on the bike to ease some of the tension and a few slaps with the mallet and they were on.

·
Registered
39 Posts
At our next maintenance day, here in Austin, I'm looking at doing a Biddy Box mod and, hopefully, wiring up some LEDs. Had intended to decapitate the air cleaner this weekend but we had a shorter than usual maintenance day (funeral ride). Sometime this month I'm also looking to take a die grinder to my stock seat, see if I can't reduce the but burn a little before the next long ride.

·
Registered
4,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Went for a short ride b4 the rain today. More popping on develop after pair valve removal.

Ride safe friends. Try Tapatalk, it rocks!

·
Registered
7,404 Posts
Scar mod is a prelude to doing the FP
Add Glen's permanent a/f adjuster - it works very well with the FP jet kit. It will make fine adjustments a snap.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts