Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I have some MP50 which I ordered in from my local Napa store I put liberal amounts on the main drive spline and also on the tire splines. Where else can you use the moly on the bike as I still have quite a bit left. Thanks

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Now that I have some MP50 which I ordered in from my local Napa store I put liberal amounts on the main drive spline and also on the tire splines. Where else can you use the moly on the bike as I still have quite a bit left. Thanks
You will need more to do the regular maintenance on the rear wheel splines about every 10k or whenever you have the wheel off. I also put a little on both the front and rear axle shafts to make them a little easier to insert/remove. :)

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
I did put some on the rear axel but will have to check the front
It would be a next time you have it off thing. There shouldn't be any need to remove the front axle just to lube it, unless you have been having problems with it sticking or such. :)

·
Registered
743 Posts
Moly is made for high compression areas like splined shafts and drives, and just a light coating at that. It can be used on just about anything, but at that price, why waste it on axles. The axles do need a light coat of grease (any type will work) to keep them from rusting and make them easier to install and remove.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts