Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Slayer of Chickens
7,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mort's got a few items for sale. Images for all, prices for all, descriptions for all... enjoy, first come first serve. Paypal only (it's just quicker, send 'personal' so we skip fees, hurray!). I've got a good new phone, takes good pix, but it's not as good as my Digital SLR... if someone want's better pics just let me know and I can get you crystal clear pics.

BELL Drifter Helmet - Green/Olive Drab Canvas Top. Size MEDIUM

Bought used on Ebay myself, though original seller said it was hardly used. Sure looks it. I think it went on my head 'one' time... just not much of a half helmet guy and it's too big for my wife. Has ear warmers - no carry bag.

Retail/Online Price: $110ish, yours for $60 + ship (roughly $12 to Cont USA).

Next up: Joe Rocket Sonic Gloves Size MEDIUM

Bought them thinking I'd want some armored gloves, but ended up using fingerless during the summer (hot as Hell! in FL!), and actual winter gloves in the winter (which these are 'not', I repeat, 'not' insulated). These are basically never worn, so if there's a 'break-in' period for them... they still would need it, lol.

Retail Price: $54, yours for $30 (they're new!) + ship (roughly $5)

Next: Stock 2007 1800C Handlebars! You know you want em.

Nothing really much to say, came off my 1800 roughly 2 months after owning, immaculate condition and I put the end savers from the new bars on these to protect it... I also have the 'tube' foam the new one came in to ship it.

Retail Price ?? (it was part of my ride). I'm going to guess a value at $50 and shipping at... jeez I don't even know... $15? If it's more I'll eat the cost I suppose.

Lastly: Another no-name luggage rack. It's in immaculate never installed condition, mainly because I bought a WAY off brand sissy bar that needed fabbing even to fit on my ride... so this thing was 'way' confused as to how to fit my 1800C. I honestly can't recall what it's specs are as to what it connect to, so I'm simply going to put it up, if anyone wants it to attempt something with, by all means.

Retail: $50, your price $25 plus ship ($12).

Thanks for looking... funny fact, that Washer/Dryer items are on ARE for sale too, lol... but unless you live near Orlando... you probably don't care.

As for those that do (may as well mention) I have an old, but fully functional Washer Dryer set (Roper - Made by Whirlpool) for $150 for both, pickup only. And a Dishwasher (hardly used... new house, long story, but it's immaculate, pm for details) for $100.

Mort

UPDATE: Sizes... Duh! Thanks N0body!

·
Slayer of Chickens
7,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
HJC 3/4 and Duffle are pending. SOLD, and removed.

M

·
Slayer of Chickens
7,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Shameless and premature *bump*.

FYI, I'll retain these items on here until tomorrow afternoon and then I'll begin posting them on Ebay. No rush, but if no one is interested I may as well.

Mort

·
Slayer of Chickens
7,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
There may have been confusion generated on my part about the cost of the bars. The price was $50, the shipping was $15 more.

Buyer decided against bars. All above items still for sale here before posting to Ebay.

Thanks for looking.

Mort

·
Erect Member
11,583 Posts
hey mort, how far apart are the holes on the luggage rack and how wide is it from one set of holes to the other? i was thinking about making one for the trip to canada, but if that one will fit...:cheers:

·
dizzy member
778 Posts
mort, what are the rise and spread of those bars... and pullback too? i might be interested....

·
dizzy member
778 Posts
mort, do you still have the bars? if so pm me with your contact info and bootom line price i might want to try them out on my c...

Dizzy:cheers:

·
Darksider
2,849 Posts
Mort, what size FF do you wear and did the medium half helmet fit? Don't the Bells run big? Need a new half shell and been looking at those.
thanks

·
Slayer of Chickens
7,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
hey mort, how far apart are the holes on the luggage rack and how wide is it from one set of holes to the other? i was thinking about making one for the trip to canada, but if that one will fit...:cheers:
I'll have to measure when I get home from work. I apologize to everyone, was out last night and had no idea all the posts on the thread until just now this mornin.

That being said, Knight, I'll get those measurements for ya soon as I can.

mort, what are the rise and spread of those bars... and pullback too? i might be interested....
Thanks to Wizza for the link to bar comparisons. They're nice bars, but I'm 5'6" and the pullback was not enough for me with a stock seat.

mort, do you still have the bars? if so pm me with your contact info and bootom line price i might want to try them out on my c...

Dizzy:cheers:
Pm'in.

Mort, what size FF do you wear and did the medium half helmet fit? Don't the Bells run big? Need a new half shell and been looking at those.
thanks
I wear a Medium FF (Element) as well, and it's snug. The Bell feels a hair on the loose side without the ear warmers connected... with them it's snug. I think it was designed to have them on more often than not and it's more comfortable with them on. That aside, I do get that mushroom feel from it (I'm a small fella too) without the ear warmers on... but it's a safety device, no denyin that.

What the @#[email protected]#$, the helmet! Will I even know your bike the next time I see you?
Pot callin' the kettle black my friend... your ride and mine are never apparently meant to be 'one' bike... they're evolution in the making ha.

But what about the helmet? lol, wtf are you spoutin man? You been drinkin?

:)

Good luck on the sale. What bars are you running now?

Thank you kindly. The bars I'm running now are the Baron's Custom StarBar... 'supposedly' designed for the 18C, our stock bars are a more 'drag bar'-ish than the R's etc... if you know what I mean. Being a short fella, I wanted to try something that pulled back a bit more, still working on getting myself a seat... and since I already had risers, (and I like them) I didn't really want to replace those. So I went with a new bar. At the same time got some new grips... was a fun switch... but I can't agree with all the advice enough to guard your tank. I had 2 or 3 towels and it still (the bars) fell down to my tank and put a very unnoticeable ding on the top.

Well thanks for everyone's inquiries.

Mort :choppersm :coffee:

·
Slayer of Chickens
7,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Knightrook, go ahead and send me your email address, took a bunch of pix with a measuring tape, but they're all hi-res and about 8 or 9 worthy shots so I'll email it to you.

Toasted... care to give the Bell a shot?

Dizzy... care for the bars? (pm me if you want to make a 'deal' :))

M

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Pot callin' the kettle black my friend... your ride and mine are never apparently meant to be 'one' bike... they're evolution in the making ha.

But what about the helmet? lol, wtf are you spoutin man? You been drinkin?

:)

True that, just thought you loved that helmet in Daytona last year.

·
Slayer of Chickens
7,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh now I get it ;) Well during the cold I got used to my FF and having music in my ears... after I rode a few times without a helmet at all (not condoning) I started liking that, so I was either extreme protection or none... and Mandy's been riding with me a lot and wanted a specific helmet so she wants us matching. Got her a Zox Old School... she really likes it.

M

·
Erect Member
11,583 Posts
Knightrook, go ahead and send me your email address, took a bunch of pix with a measuring tape, but they're all hi-res and about 8 or 9 worthy shots so I'll email it to you.

Toasted... care to give the Bell a shot?

Dizzy... care for the bars? (pm me if you want to make a 'deal' :))

M
[email protected]

·
Slayer of Chickens
7,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
It is, my apologies for the delay in communications folks, was down in Boca Raton at the Waldorf Astoria and beachside all weekend... dear Lord... was a great time, and thankfully was all gifted... but I think I need to reconsider the level of drinking at some of these social events... :)

Bars - Pending Dizzy
Rack - Pending - Knight (DrRadar, someone else has been checking details but it still may be available.
Helmet - Pending - sorgmack
Gloves - Open

Mort

1 - 20 of 28 Posts