Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
My daughter took the class at age 21 ( first we rented dirt bikes so she could see how she liked it. ) I took the test in a parking lot at the AZ DMV, it is not hard and takes less than 10 minutes. Years ago in Texas my buddy had to drive the examiner in the car, following me on the bike, and honking at me. 1 honk turn left, 2 honks turn right. Pretty fun if you think about it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I just started riding for the first time 2 years ago when I purchased a Honda Shadow. I got my permit and put 400 miles on the bike before I tood the MSF course. The course taught me a LOT about handing a bike and I strongly encourage anyone who hasn't ridden or ridden in awhile to take the course. You can learn a lot of subtle tips that make riding safer and thus more enjoyable.

·
Registered
174 Posts
In AZ you can take the written and get your permit so you can legally go out and ride and get experience. I am sure other states have this as well. The DMV test in a parking lot is quite simple, at least where I live.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I hope by now you've taken and completed the test. It is not to difficult, take about 4 days (2 evenings and full day Sat. & Sun.)at a local Technical college Dakota County is close to me. My wife took the course I think it cost $125 at the time (5 years ago) and she passed it, now she rides a VTX 1300T and does fairly well at it. Good luck!

Bob

·
Registered
8 Posts
VTXHopeful... I tried to send you a PM. Not sure I did it right. Did you receive anything? Thx. bsievert

Alright, who here has taken this test at the DMV recently?

I'm trying to look it up online, but I can't figure out what exactly the test consists of (I'm talking about the road test, btw...not the computer one).

If anyone could provide insight, I would appreciate it!

·
Registered
8 Posts
chuck_vtx_F, guess I'm showing how big a 'newbie' I am on participating in Forums. I absolutely missed how old this post was. Thanks for noting it. I'll go hunting more recent posts.

Again... big thanks. Bob

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
chuck_vtx_F, guess I'm showing how big a 'newbie' I am on participating in Forums. I absolutely missed how old this post was. Thanks for noting it. I'll go hunting more recent posts.

Again... big thanks. Bob
Welcome.. and most of us have done it.. at lease once..:)

21 - 30 of 30 Posts