Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have scientific proof that riding is a healthy hobby/lifestyle. I was heading to the gym to work out, so I strapped my heart rate monitor on. I checked it as I left and when I got about a mile down the road, I looked at it again and my heart rate had dropped about 6 bpm. There you have it. Tell the significant other that, the next time you want to go riding.

·
Just Bring It!
2,080 Posts
+1 on the stress relief. Seems like it's my only stress-free place lately. I ALWAYS feel better after a ride, short or long. And it always puts me in a better state of mind.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Retro Rich said:
+1 on the stress relief. Seems like it's my only stress-free place lately. I ALWAYS feel better after a ride, short or long. And it always puts me in a better state of mind.
Amen to that!
Just wished I lived somewhere a little more "bike friendly" instead of the sprawling Baltimore - Washington metropolis I am in.

·
team VTX cafe physician
14,375 Posts
I've noticed my heart rate rises as I ride....I've been riding so much that I've lost around 15 lbs.....riding instead of eating and not eating as much.....too bad I cant get the wife on the bike that often!!:cheers:

·
Instigator
102 Posts
I consider it Motorcycle Therapy. It ranks right up there with standing on a mountain top and letting out a primal yell. Better yet is to ride up to that mountain top on the X for that yell.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts