Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be installing a MS Batwing fairing this weekend. I have a National Cycle Switch Blade and after trying to move the mounts and trying to move the tank I could not stop it from hitting the tank, chips on both sides. Does the MS mounts require anything to prevent them from hitting the tank or are they designed correctly. The Switch Blade has universal mounts and not made for any peculiar bike. If the MS mounts are known to hit the tank in some installations this will probably be mine also. Need to know before they arrive tomorrow so I can just refuse the shipment.
:banghead:

·
Registered
528 Posts
I had no problem with the N/C Switchblade mounts or the MS mounts I have now.

·
Premium Member
27,731 Posts
Yes they do mount to the forks so the attachment portion face to outside ot the forks. You determine the height of the brackets in order to adjust the windshild were you'd like it.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
fork covers

The decreasing diameter of the fork covers does not cause a problem for mounting the MS lower than top of the fork cover? The Switch Blade mounts would come loose and would need to be located at the top. If I rode mostly at city speeds with just a little highway travel they might of stayed below the top but I mostly use the bike for travel (500 miles yesterday) at speeds between an indicated 70 to 85 which causes the wind pressure to move the brackets up the forks to the smaller diameter until the brackets reached the top with several required tightening events during the travel.

·
Premium Member
27,731 Posts
Ah, I missed the cover forks portion in the thread. Mine doesn't have covers so once tightened they don't move. Covered forks use a different brackey designed just for them. Call Memphis Shades, I have not been on a major vendors sight that was as friendly and helpful as they are. They can and will tell you exactly where they recommend mounting them and if they will move up like your old ones did.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts