Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently went from a Memphis Shades Fats 19" to a Batwing with a 9" screen. It really changes the look. I finally took some pics of the bike with the Batwing in similar angles as some older pics with the Fats. Just wanted to share, in case anyone wonders what a 1300C looks like with a Batwing vs. a Fats.

P.S. At first, I took the Lowers off when I put the batwing on, but I found I preferred the extra wind protection from the Lowers being in place. Also, my Fats was adjusted up kinda high so that I looked through it instead of "over it" because I preferred the wind block better that way. The Batwing with a 9" screen worked out well for me (and I'm about 5' 11"). I don't have to look through it - I look over it, but the wind protection is great. I'm a happy camper.
:cheers:

·
99%'er
235 Posts
She looks good!
I agree, the 9" shield works well for me. I'm also 5'11", and have somewhat of a long torso.

No lowers... buy maybe in the future. How much of a difference do they make?

·
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The lowers made a difference. Not a huge difference but definitely noticeable. Without them I had some wind that was hitting my legs and gas tank which then caused some buffeting. I've got the batwing deflectors on which I assume helps some too with buffeting but the lowers helped too.

·
citement
2,236 Posts
I can't really say the batwing deflectors helped any at all, I took them off. The lowers take care of the buffeting.

·
99%'er
235 Posts
There are probably a minimum of 6 different threads that discuss this topic. Try a search for 'fairing' read up on it, and make a personal decision.

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Looks great! :mosh: I am thinking of getting the MS batwing for my 1800C, same brackets, then I can change between it & the bigshot when in the mood. ;)

·
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cruiser Customizing did some pretty nice videos about fairings and "turn your bike into a bagger", etc. I've pasted the first two links below. For cost reasons, I went with the MS Batwing even though I'd prefer more "stuff" on the inside of my fairing too. But I think we'll see some additional add-ons come along for the MS Batwing and/or Do-It-Yourself stuff that will add more functionality to the Batwing. I know Wanderingbear did a thread on just that (found here).

PART 1:
http://community.cruisercustomizing...-Saddlebag-38-Fairing/video/952083/22960.html

PART 2:
http://community.cruisercustomizing...airing-and-Saddlebags/video/956254/22960.html

·
Premium Member
27,731 Posts
I put the radio on and it works but the completed cost was about whet you can get a full fairing for. If you want a radio and don't all ready own a batwing then go with the full fairing. My thread was aimed at the members like me who already bought the batwing and then decided they want music. I do like the ease of removal of the batwing thought.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
hmm....that 19" MF looks familiar.... :cheers:

·
Registered
458 Posts
Logansrun, I'd really like to see your pic's of your c with the MS batwing. I don't know why the pic's don't show on your post and do on others. I have this problem a lot, it may be my lack of computer knowledge

·
Registered
109 Posts
looks great the Mrs just looked at me and said no.NOt till after i get my bike LOL

1 - 20 of 20 Posts