Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got some mustang seats from a member recently and the rear seat has a extension with a recess at the front of it where a screw on the rear fender is supposed to secure it. My extension is approx inch off the fender. I don't want to crunch the rear fender. Am I missing a part? Does anyone have experience installing the rear mustang seat? I have a 2007c and the seat is supposed to be off 2007c.

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
Are you sure that the front of the rear seat is seated around the collar( which is underneath and towards the rear of the front seat) properly?

If it is, make sure you have the plastic washer around the bolt on your rear fender and then there should be 1 washer and the acorn nut.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have Mustang seats on an 06 C - The existing bolt at the front of the rear seat gets replaced with a collar that the extension just slides onto, and then the tab at the back of the seat gets bolted down.

·
High-Tech Redneck
1,039 Posts
If you're talking about the tab on the rear of the passenger pad, I had to bend mine down to make it fit. When I put the pad on, even though it was in the right position, the tab came straight off the back and was way to high to bolt down. Had to bend it several times, but finally got it to work.

·
Registered
706 Posts
The necessary hardware consists of two pair of longer than stock bolts and spacers, two short and two long. The rear tang is a little problematic an there isn't much thread available for the acorn nut to grab with the stock set up. I drilled out the rear threaded piece and replaced it with a bolt and deeper acorn.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all for the response. It appears I didn't get all the necessary and required parts from the member. I'll assume the mistake was honest. Looks like I will have to acquire the necessary parts on my own. Thanks again everyone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts