Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17,541 Posts
Hey I have a question can I put a vtx1300 in my 1999 Honda shadow spirit vt1100c
If you have mad skills with a torch and welder, a multi-meter, and a giant machine shop, yo can do durn near anything. It's called customizing. Have at it. It would be similar to putting an LS Chevy engine in a Chevette, but hey, it could be done.

·
Super Moderator
11,301 Posts
Tiny differences would be major problems. For example, having an engine mounting point be just 2 mm different between the two engines would cause a fit problem and I doubt that you could determine by eye or even by measuring if an engine mount point was 2mm offset in one direction or another between the two engines.

·
The Dude That Rides
2007 Honda VTX 1800N1
2,613 Posts
Hey I have a question can I put a vtx1300 in my 1999 Honda shadow spirit vt1100c
Do you mean the engine? You asked like it was the whole bike.....:p:ROFLMAO::LOL::poop: Yes....bored, but busy. at work!

Reactions: CaliVTX1300

·
Super Moderator
11,301 Posts
I do not know what type of bike you are showing in the picture but to upgrade the motor size for any bike, the best answer is to sell the bike and buy a different bike. It would likely be cheaper to, for example, buy a VTX1800 than to buy and install a larger motor into a smaller existing bike. The amount of work, parts, modifications, etc. to install a bigger motor would be enormous and greater than the cost of a VTX1800.

Reactions: PaXman11

·
Registered
7,102 Posts
If you have any mechanical ability and time anything is possible. The Shadow may have the same frame set up as the 1300 but you won’t know until you have one out and ready to put the other in. Doing the change likely won’t be too hard but may require some fabrication/modification on your part to shoe horn it in! I always like a challenge, good luck!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts