Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dove in and bought the Cobra Fi2000 PowrPro Auto Tuner. The instructions are pretty simple and install would have been a breeze if my fingers were about the size of a small infant. I also, while I had the tank up, did a modified Decap of the Air box. I took it out for a spin and oh my the difference. I am probably too cheap to take it to a Dyno, but to say the least the power has been magnified. I also had a pretty cool side effect. My decel popping went away.
I am hoping to see some kind of increase in gas mileage. I will let you know how this tank works out

·
Premium Member
27,731 Posts
Congrats on the mods. Unless you remove some fuel from the map it's going to burn a little more fuel. It's the tradeoff for a tad more power.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Congrats on the additons, But you forgot the pics, What about pipes, what kind do you run?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am assuming with the CVT (Continuous Variable Tuning), I am not locked into a single fuel setting. Thats one of the reasons I chose the Cobra over the other models. I know that the decel popping was caused by excess fuel being burnt and that is gone.
I have Bub pipes and I love the sound. I need to take some pics. I just haven't taken the time to. I've been riding. :choppersm

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great news. My first tank I got a 5mpg increase and thats city riding. I cant wait to see what I get on the road

·
Bryden, 1800 F
4,394 Posts
Sounds like your power pro will pay for it self......ya that's why we ride.:choppersm
but it shure is a nice bonus.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts