Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was asked to post some pics of my new tag mount with aux brake light, so here they are.
I did away with the OEM mount/light altogether. Fabbed a laydown backing plate for the tag and used LED bolts to light it up. Added an aux brake light strip below to the backing plate below the tag.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
thats ingenious, J, the pics show a big difference at night. Was the wiring much of a hassle? Thats a nice mod. :D

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats ingenious, J, the pics show a big difference at night. Was the wiring much of a hassle? Thats a nice mod. :D
I already had the LED bolts wired for my old tag before the wreck. It's pretty straight forward, I just clipped the wires to the tag light and wired in the LED bolts. As far as the brake light I just ran the wire back under the fender and tied into the wires where they connect under the right sidecover.

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
now that does look nice!!! you are now going to make me get rid of that light plate light....did you take pics of how you removed the plate light, what did you do lay it down?

also, where did you get that strip of light, local auto parts store?

·
Premium Member
3,915 Posts
Very very nice...

·
GOT PITBULL?
1,919 Posts
Looking really good bro. I was just talking to Jerry about doing something to light up the back more and that makes a big difference.

Thanks Jerry, I think it cleans it up back there pretty good.
Now for some better looking signals. :hmm2:
I hope you not referring to those $200 turn signals you showed me:icon_eek:

·
Registered
7,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
That looks great John :cheers:

Ya know the Kury DDB's aren't really all that expensive, and they would look great on there :mosh:
Thanks Angel.
I may go with the DDB's but I would really like something a little different.

now that does look nice!!! you are now going to make me get rid of that light plate light....did you take pics of how you removed the plate light, what did you do lay it down?

also, where did you get that strip of light, local auto parts store?
Once you take the OEM light assembly off, you can just bolt a plate on using the existing 3 screw bosses in the fender, and it will follow the lines of the fender.
The aux brake light I got at cyclegear, it had 2 little ears for mounting with bolts, but I cut those off and taped it on with VHB tape.
The other plus is with the LED bolts shining down it lights the road behind the bike up also and gives more visibility than the OEM light shining up in the air.

Bike looks good and I like your new Icon too......:mosh:
Thanks Henry. :D

Looking really good bro. I was just talking to Jerry about doing something to light up the back more and that makes a big difference.

I hope you not referring to those $200 turn signals you showed me:icon_eek:
Nah Joe, you know I'm too cheap for that :D, plus I like to come up with something more than just bolt-ons. :choppersm
Pssst...did you notice my custom muffler tips? ;)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts