Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Yeah, but Miami is a shit hole. The only good thing is the warm weather
Miami is not a shit hole.
There are many attractive things down here.
Flint, Michigan is a shit hole...for instance.

But I agree with you with the shit hole comment for some aspects of Miami.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Yeah, but Miami is a shit hole. The only good thing is the warm weather
I bet your friends commonly call you sunshine. It’s best to spread the compliments out over a longer period of time. Now go get a Snickers and a smoke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
166 Posts
It's not just that. The architecture is all the same. The traffic is insane. It took me 1 hour to go a mile one time when I was there. Can't remember where it was. You'll find many places where they don't speak English. That's just some of it. It's a shit hole. There are other shit holes too. I agree. I'm in one too though. Ny state! Good paying job keeps me here(for now)

·
Registered
166 Posts
I bet your friends commonly call you sunshine. It’s best to spread the compliments out over a longer period of time. Now go get a Snickers and a smoke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Actually, I'm always smiling or trying to make the best of this country which is now all turning into a shit hole 🙂

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
It's not just that. The architecture is all the same. The traffic is insane. It took me 1 hour to go a mile one time when I was there. Can't remember where it was. You'll find many places where they don't speak English. That's just some of it. It's a shit hole. There are other shit holes too. I agree. I'm in one too though. Ny state! Good paying job keeps me here(for now)
Crusty, Miami has changed a lot in the last 10-15 years in some regards.
Specially after the 2008 crisis.
A lot of dirty money came from Russia and Venezuela.
All that money made a huge change to the city.

Architecture got better.....and super nice stuff was started to be built.
Like the Arsch Center, for instance.
Or the Faena Hotel in Miami Beach (it used to have a dinosaur inside!!!)

Traffic Still crazy...and most people do not respect anything....it is a very individualistic kind of vibe.
Miami is very much a "cocaine" city. And that vibe shows every day.
But good things happened like the emergence of Wynwood and the art district, Miami used to be very sad when it came to art offering.
Now the Art Basel which is the biggest art exposition in the world is based in Miami every December.
Things are changing and the city is merging.
The cocaine vibe is losing some space and getting stronger in some areas of the city.

And nature down here is awesome if your able to relax on the weekend and enjoy.
Think about it.
On a saturday afternoon I can grab mi bike and ride 30 minutes to a beautiful beach....relax....and chill...bring some High quality cold Belgian beer......and have an awesome afternoon for pennies in an awesome beach.

Can you do that anywhere else in the Us??
I bet you can.
But not in many places.

Trust me, Miami is not a shithole 100%.

It can be a great place if you have the right attitude.

:)

·
Registered
166 Posts
Not trying to give you crap. Last time I was there was 2 years ago. I just think all the buildings look the same. I'm referring to the bigger buildings. They all have that glass look. At least nyc had different architecture (chrysler building, the well known skyscrapers, etc).
I have been to Florida many times. From the west coast to the east coast, northern part of the state to key west. Many of the major cities. It's the place to go in the winter.
I would love to live there if there was something that wasn't like rush hour all the time and something that is inland and north to avoid hurricanes as much as possible. You can't beat the climate except in July. I've been there at that time of year and had to rent a car with black leather cause it's all they had!

·
Super Moderator
10,555 Posts
If you are worried about hurricanes, try the Villages. It is about as far from the ocean as you can get and still be in Florida. It is where I live. Like the rest of Florida, the riding is mostly lousy because most of the roads are straight and flat. We do have a few slightly curvy roads and a few rolling hills. No traffic like the I-95 corridor. In 10 minutes from my home, I can be riding remote roads through ranch land. Of course, there is nowhere near the culture and activities that you have in a big city like NYC or Miami. I could not stand to live here in the summers so I head to the NC mountains for 6 months of the year but not many better places to be in the winter.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I'm not really worried about the hurricanes. I would like to avoid them obviously just like everybody else. But, i would imagine the closer you get to the coast, the more $$$. Where are you referring to for the villages. Near what cities? I know the roads are flat. But, at least it's riding year round. You couldn't pay me to live in nyc. It stinks, literally. I have been to washington dc to see the white house (many years ago, just from the street) and I saw rats cause they leave garbage on the road. Reminds me of that.

·
Super Moderator
10,555 Posts
You can do a Google map search for "The Villages, FL". It is a census designated place but not actually a city. It is a huge retirement community - over 140,000 people at the corner of three counties (Lake, Sumter, and Marion). It is about 60 miles NNW of Orlando. It is located between the cities of Belleview, Wildwood, Fruitland Park, and Leesburg. It is about 30 miles SSE of Ocala.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #35

I am creating a moto vlog of Miami...and my VTX.
This is the ridiculous begining.

"We do not care about red lights". is the slogan. :)

·
Super Moderator
10,555 Posts
Please forgive my ignorance but what is a "moto vlog"? I'm just an old fart who does not know this new-fangled stuff. Now get off my lawn :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Please forgive my ignorance but what is a "moto vlog"? I'm just an old fart who does not know this new-fangled stuff. Now get off my lawn :)
It is a basically putting a nice camera on my helmet and recording my self on my vtx-1300 around Miami.
Showing my rides to the world thru You tube and instagram.
So you could see Miami thru the lense of a Vtx 1300.

:)

Or...when i ride upstate in florida to go to Orlando and record my Vtx cafe friend Mr Vinish. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
You wouldn't catch me riding on those
The mechanic told me the 777 is a great tire for the price.
He re assured me i made the right choice.
If you want to save money and ride great...Shinkos are a great option.

All glad now!

Unfourtanetly the cold in Miami is gone. :(. hahahah
He's right, I just put two on my bike, Whit walls and they were priced really good

·
Super Moderator
10,555 Posts
I would be honored to be in your moto vlog someday. Give a shout if you are headed north but it would have to be north of Orlando not in Orlando. The only place in Florida I would less like to ride than Orlando is Miami :)

·
Registered
70 Posts
The mechanic told me the 777 is a great tire for the price.
He re assured me i made the right choice.
If you want to save money and ride great...Shinkos are a great option.

All glad now!

Unfourtanetly the cold in Miami is gone. :(. hahahah
I put the 777's on my bike two years ago and I'm still pleased. Not so pleased with the weather here and would gladly trade for Miami right now.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts