Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok in June of 2020 my honda VTX1300 was stolen from my apartment complex. They took my ignition off and twisted all the wires together along with a clip that they would clip to the battery to start the bike. I am going to buy a new ignition but I need to figure out where to route the wires. It looks like they go to the battery and the ignition switch. The took the rear turn signal switches off and cut the wires. They took the mufflers off and put pipes on them with some metal tape. They mangled the gas cap off and I need to try and fit a new gas cap on hopefully without have to bend too much metal for it to fit back on. The seat brackets are missing. The mirrors are gone and the clutch lever pivot bolt was removed and zip tied. If anyone has any ideas as to fixes and cheap alternatives for a fix i'm all ears. I live in Jacksonville Fl and wish there were a motorcycle junk yard I could go to. Any help is appreciated. I would also like to lower the noise of the pipes so my wife will let me bring it back to the apartment complex. I'm going to put a new ignition switch on it because they took it off but I'm not sure how the wires which they cut and just twisted together go. Can anyone help?
Motorcycle before and after.png

·
Registered
319 Posts
I have a set of mirror's from a C. Lmk if you want them.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
10,348 Posts
Search on here for a link to the service manual. Download this and it contains a wiring diagram which should help.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ok in June of 2020 my honda VTX1300 was stolen from my apartment complex. They took my ignition off and twisted all the wires together along with a clip that they would clip to the battery to start the bike. I am going to buy a new ignition but I need to figure out where to route the wires. It looks like they go to the battery and the ignition switch. The took the rear turn signal switches off and cut the wires. They took the mufflers off and put pipes on them with some metal tape. They mangled the gas cap off and I need to try and fit a new gas cap on hopefully without have to bend too much metal for it to fit back on. The seat brackets are missing. The mirrors are gone and the clutch lever pivot bolt was removed and zip tied. If anyone has any ideas as to fixes and cheap alternatives for a fix i'm all ears. I live in Jacksonville Fl and wish there were a motorcycle junk yard I could go to. Any help is appreciated. I would also like to lower the noise of the pipes so my wife will let me bring it back to the apartment complex. I'm going to put a new ignition switch on it because they took it off but I'm not sure how the wires which they cut and just twisted together go. Can anyone help?
View attachment 240611
I have a lot of parts from my vtx 1300 I’m in the process of making mine a bagger let me know what you need glad you got your bike bake home stay safe!!

·
Registered
Deplorable #2
6,667 Posts
Here's a Florida list of salvage yards: Motorcycle Salvage Yards - Florida
I don't have much of anything for a 1300S model, but I'll take a look and let you know. The "seat brackets" are actually the outer fender rails and 1300 r/s/t models will fit. I got a set several years ago for an R model from a salvage yard in Florida. They were a little scuffed up so I had them powder coated gloss black - something to think about doing for functional but imperfect parts.
Always a vacancy in he!! for the people that stole your ride :mad:

Reactions: Fishingfoolemjak

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a lot of parts from my vtx 1300 I’m in the process of making mine a bagger let me know what you need glad you got your bike bake home stay safe!!
A seat would be nice I need quieter exhaust they straight piped it and it's loud. They took all the bolts out of the speedometer housing. The clutch lever pivot bolt and the cap nut. The brake lever is broken. And thanks. I'm glad it wasn't stripped for parts.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I think I still have my stock seat off of my 07 1300R, if so you can have it for free, and I'm
here in Jacksonville, FL. I will check to make sure.
Toby

·
Registered
35 Posts
A seat would be nice I need quieter exhaust they straight piped it and it's loud. They took all the bolts out of the speedometer housing. The clutch lever pivot bolt and the cap nut. The brake lever is broken. And thanks. I'm glad it wasn't stripped for parts.
I have a set of stock header pipes and not for sure what slip on mufflers it has they sound really good nice tone I hand to go aftermarket because of my bagger kit I will drag them out Friday and clean them up and can text you some pictures if you want

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I have a set of stock header pipes and not for sure what slip on mufflers it has they sound really good nice tone I hand to go aftermarket because of my bagger kit I will drag them out Friday and clean them up and can text you some pictures if you want
Ok sounds good.
I think I still have my stock seat off of my 07 1300R, if so you can have it for free, and I'm
here in Jacksonville, FL. I will check to make sure.
Toby
Ok that would be awesome.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok sounds good

·
Registered
35 Posts
I also have the ignition with keys if you need it I moved mine up on my dash

1 - 20 of 38 Posts