Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,370 Posts
Just a recommendation that you can take or leave. Remove your address from a publicly viewable forum. Instead, included this info in a PM/conversation to the person which is private between you two and not visible to anyone else.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Just a recommendation that you can take or leave. Remove your address from a publicly viewable forum. Instead, included this info in a PM/conversation to the person which is private between you two and not visible to anyone else.
Thanks I was trying to figure out how. I just figured it out.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Ok in June of 2020 my honda VTX1300 was stolen from my apartment complex. They took my ignition off and twisted all the wires together along with a clip that they would clip to the battery to start the bike. I am going to buy a new ignition but I need to figure out where to route the wires. It looks like they go to the battery and the ignition switch. The took the rear turn signal switches off and cut the wires. They took the mufflers off and put pipes on them with some metal tape. They mangled the gas cap off and I need to try and fit a new gas cap on hopefully without have to bend too much metal for it to fit back on. The seat brackets are missing. The mirrors are gone and the clutch lever pivot bolt was removed and zip tied. If anyone has any ideas as to fixes and cheap alternatives for a fix i'm all ears. I live in Jacksonville Fl and wish there were a motorcycle junk yard I could go to. Any help is appreciated. I would also like to lower the noise of the pipes so my wife will let me bring it back to the apartment complex. I'm going to put a new ignition switch on it because they took it off but I'm not sure how the wires which they cut and just twisted together go. Can anyone help?
View attachment 240611
My worst nightmare so getting my bike stolen. Been there bro...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
The socket and eye bolts screw I found in my fuel tank. I fished them out with a magnet.

·
Super Moderator
10,370 Posts
What a mess. Did insurance not address any of your problems? These are NOT expensive bikes. You can throw this one away and get a VTX 1300 that is not a lifelong project but, rather, is ready to ride for probably $3000.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
What a mess. Did insurance not address any of your problems? These are NOT expensive bikes. You can throw this one away and get a VTX 1300 that is not a lifelong project but, rather, is ready to ride for probably $3000.
I would like to do that but right now I'm strapped with twin girls who are in catholic school. So is a want and the wife doesn't really want me to have a bike so I'm stuck till I can afford a different one.

·
Registered
35 Posts
man what a mess you have on your hands I haven’t forgot about you I will get those pictures posted this weekend have been supper busy I have a lot of parts that came off my bike maybe I can text you all the photos if you wanna do that 803 415 6717 send me a text so I have your number

·
Registered
35 Posts
man what a mess you have on your hands I haven’t forgot about you I will get those pictures posted this weekend have been supper busy I have a lot of parts that came off my bike maybe I can text you all the photos if you wanna do that 803 415 6717 send me a text so I have your number
Hey bud you have a phone number so I can send you some pictures

21 - 38 of 38 Posts