Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
After all you've gone through, and all the documentation you've made, and retaining an attorney, I'd have the attorney draw up a letter to send to the MFG. instructing them that before you go through with your lawsuit, that THEY send a factory mechanic or competent rep to look over your unit to assess why it isn't right, at their expense.
Hahahaha. Lawyer says it is small claims, and I may still not get my money back. After paying $500 to file.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I would love to know how it is your fault. It looks like a pretty easy assembly. With the right parts it should be an afternoon to have it up and running. Seems like they screwed up and don't want to be accountable.

Probably right about a court case at this point though. Good money after bad.

I would document every step you took and the company's response. Include your independent mechanics opinion and spam it on every somewhat related website you can find. Bad publicity goes a long way. Just keep it factual so there isn't anything they can argue.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I already did. Sent to tech, measured everything, info on my desktop at home told me that I had put it together right . Anyone good with explosives lol?

·
Registered
My other bike is a Turbo Busa
54 Posts
Lol I myself am not a fan of Trike's. I've never lost control of a two wheeled thingy and a three wheeled thingy almost tried to kill me once, but this is a 1st for me a 4 wheel
thingy. Must be really hard to turn, have fun

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same bike 2005 1300S and same color. I was thinking about a Tow-Pac also since I have back issues and a weakened left leg due to nerve damage. After reading about your struggles with this, I am not sure anymore. Without something like a Tow-Pac, I will have to sell my bike. I am the original owner and only have 5000 miles on it. I have installed tons of custom chrome and it is a beautiful bike.

·
Fastest Red Club Member
2007 VTX 1300R, Indianapolis
7,794 Posts
There are several options similar to that in different brands.

Voyager is a popular one.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I have the same bike 2005 1300S and same color. I was thinking about a Tow-Pac also since I have back issues and a weakened left leg due to nerve damage. After reading about your struggles with this, I am not sure anymore. Without something like a Tow-Pac, I will have to sell my bike. I am the original owner and only have 5000 miles on it. I have installed tons of custom chrome and it is a beautiful bike. View attachment 241098
I would try another company that make the same type of equipment. Best Motorcycle Trike Kits | Trike Kits Power Steering (triptrike.com) ; Voyager Trike Classic Trike Kit | Madness Cycle - Voyager Motorcycle Trike Kit (voyagertrikes.net) . I have read several reviews from Harley, Goldwings and other brands and models of Honda. For some reason they just wouldn't believe my reports. I had the right hand bracket redesigned and it straightened up the bike but the whole thing was and still is unstable. If you are close enough to have it installed what ever choice you make the companies guaranty results. That wasn't a choice for me. I would hate for someone else to put out $4500 and wind up with the thing in their shed like I did. Good luck.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts