Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 VTX 1300S Full Dress Built by me.
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought this 6 months ago for 500 dollars it had set in a back yard for over a year and wouldn't start, I cleaned the carb and put plugs in it and rode it until January then I put it on the stand and went to work I painted it myself I put new tires on it, the previous owner had kryloned everything black except the fender rails and the speedo cover on the tank, I stripped all of the krylon and restored chrome. I added a batwing fairing with stereo a set of Harley bags and a trunk, added a crash bar with highway pegs all new led lighting, wrapped the pipes and rejetted the carb, I removed the pair valve and added a Harley ignition switch on the tank and removed the switch under the seat, I added the clutch pull relief mod and the mixture cable so I don't have to remove the tank to adjust the carb. I changed all the fluids and adjusted the valves, there was alot more I can't even think of now, anyway today it came out for its first ride after over 2 months on the stand, here are some before during and after,

·
Super Moderator
10,023 Posts
Great job.

Reactions: jmoffatt

·
Reeling Jackwagon
2003 1300S
9,138 Posts
Looks Fantastic and it has a cupholder :) . I like how you used the auto jack stands with the lift.

·
Mosin Prime
2005 1300R Lots of lights! 2 air horns P3 tail light w/Photon blasters Diode Dynamics and Daymaker
767 Posts
Wow! That is awesome! At first glance I'd think it were a Harley until I saw the motor! Then I'd really be woowww! That's amazing work congrats on how it came out. Amazing!

I like your LED lights setup on there too. Very nice. I finally got all my lights transformed to LED. All turns, brake and extras. I even have a LED underlight kit on it too with 15 different colors. I transformed my old Baron's Ultimate blinker bar to a Glenn's blinker bar. Then had some LED indoor track lighting lights the MR16 size for a while. They broke off the mounts on the Glenn's bar. So the blinker bar is still in place and looks great. Cleaned up the front of the bike so much since I didn't like the big orange ones from stock. I relocated my LED running lights to the highway bar. Then replaced them with actual vehicle fog lights which are pretty good. But I got a light bar for my POV and I really like how bright the LEDs are on it. So I may try to get a couple sections of them and put them on it and see how they do. They are so much brighter than my vehicle headlights. I know they will be so much brighter than my current motorcycle headlight. Decisions decisions.........

I transformed the rear LED brake lights with the Skene Design P3 tail light. I have since added photon blaster in white and yellow to the front, and an additional red photon blaster to the rear. I have LED strips around the end and corners of my saddle bags. Center red section wired to brake and yellow ends to the turns. And the guy I got it from already had the bags on it, so the original turn signals already were replaced with LEDs. And replaced the rear tail light with a run brake turn. It blinks yellow LED when you activate the signal. Lots of work over the years. But not as much as you did in a winter in comparison. I already liked the bags, Mustang seat, and Wind screen that came with it. I added some handlebar risers, and a V&H Big shot exhaust. So much stuff to do.

·
Premium Member
2005 VTX 1300S Full Dress Built by me.
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wow! That is awesome! At first glance I'd think it were a Harley until I saw the motor! Then I'd really be woowww! That's amazing work congrats on how it came out. Amazing!

I like your LED lights setup on there too. Very nice. I finally got all my lights transformed to LED. All turns, brake and extras. I even have a LED underlight kit on it too with 15 different colors. I transformed my old Baron's Ultimate blinker bar to a Glenn's blinker bar. Then had some LED indoor track lighting lights the MR16 size for a while. They broke off the mounts on the Glenn's bar. So the blinker bar is still in place and looks great. Cleaned up the front of the bike so much since I didn't like the big orange ones from stock. I relocated my LED running lights to the highway bar. Then replaced them with actual vehicle fog lights which are pretty good. But I got a light bar for my POV and I really like how bright the LEDs are on it. So I may try to get a couple sections of them and put them on it and see how they do. They are so much brighter than my vehicle headlights. I know they will be so much brighter than my current motorcycle headlight. Decisions decisions.........

I transformed the rear LED brake lights with the Skene Design P3 tail light. I have since added photon blaster in white and yellow to the front, and an additional red photon blaster to the rear. I have LED strips around the end and corners of my saddle bags. Center red section wired to brake and yellow ends to the turns. And the guy I got it from already had the bags on it, so the original turn signals already were replaced with LEDs. And replaced the rear tail light with a run brake turn. It blinks yellow LED when you activate the signal. Lots of work over the years. But not as much as you did in a winter in comparison. I already liked the bags, Mustang seat, and Wind screen that came with it. I added some handlebar risers, and a V&H Big shot exhaust. So much stuff to do.

Sounds pretty awesome, how about a picture?

·
Mosin Prime
2005 1300R Lots of lights! 2 air horns P3 tail light w/Photon blasters Diode Dynamics and Daymaker
767 Posts
This is a few years old pic. She's a good 20 footer. This still had the Baron's Ultimate Light bar on it. I'm from WA so I'll always be a Hawks fan. Been through Kansas where this pic was taken in a Home Depot parking lot. I think I had just got some bolts or something to put that flag on there haha.

These are from October I think when some lady swerved out in to my lane and her car crunched my horn and bent my highway bar a little bit. I bent the horn back kind of straight. It still works. I did take to doing some vinyl wrap on my air box, and the center console you can see a little bit in carbon fiber, to go with my helmet. Guess I need to get in and get these wheels cleaned up, they look good in the first pic! Powder coated black.

Can see the air horns on the left side. Dual air horn set up, parallel wired between two switches upon the recommendation of a member here. Also can see the extra brake lights I put around the rear license plates. They have a nice shimmer to them when viewed from behind.

Here's a front view after I got the latest and newest fog lights installed. I have some front facing yellow photon blasters, and white ones lower on the forks you can see in the pic arranged vertically where the fender bolts go. It's a pretty good spread, particularly at night for night riding since I commute home at night. Only part of the freeway is illuminated by overhead lighting. In the dark sections with no other vehicles headlights to help see, it's pretty good. I'd hope I could see something far enough in front to react to it. But still thinking about changing them even to another different set up. The same type of lights on my LED light bar on my POV. When I turn those light bar lights on, they are so much brighter than the headlights. Guess I'll have to see. And I hand made my highway bar covers a while back out of some oil tanned leather. Once a year I take them off and wash them, and treat with Obenauf's and some silicone leather spray.

·
Mosin Prime
767 Posts
BOTH horns are quite loud. I wouldn't want to be standing by it when it goes off without ear plugs. I think loud enough maybe to be heard behind someone at freeway speeds. If they don't have their music up super loud. Definitely easily heard beside someone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts