Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying one of these brands. I like the Leatherlyke bags because I can get a matching trunk. I'd like your opinion of 1) what looks best on the Retro, 2) which one is your favorite and why?

Thanks!

·
Dragon Slayer
8,515 Posts
It really depends on if you're going for the bagger look, or going to do some touring, personally, I like the Natl Cycle ones. You can always use a T-bag for long trips for storage.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Nc

I'm looking at buying one of these brands. I like the Leatherlyke bags because I can get a matching trunk. I'd like your opinion of 1) what looks best on the Retro, 2) which one is your favorite and why?

Thanks!
I tried a few combinations, but National Cycle hard bags worked well for me. Main thing was that the NCycle mounting brackets, the NC Sissy Bar and pad, and a good luggage rack fit together. Also, when you get ready to ride bare, or do a good rear cleaning, or service job, you can unlock the mounting brackets and it all just comes right off the bike.
1000 miles and think I made the right choice.
JSR in HSV ar

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
I've got the leatherlyke and really like them. I don't have any pics to post, but I can say that they hold quite a bit. I've put two twelve packs of soda in each without a problem and can easily fit a couple of gallon jugs in there as well (obviously not at the same time). I've seen other bags that fit the contours of the bike better but I do the amount of storage they provide. Good luck with your choice.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I tried a few combinations, but National Cycle hard bags worked well for me. Main thing was that the NCycle mounting brackets, the NC Sissy Bar and pad, and a good luggage rack fit together. Also, when you get ready to ride bare, or do a good rear cleaning, or service job, you can unlock the mounting brackets and it all just comes right off the bike.
1000 miles and think I made the right choice.
JSR in HSV ar
Are they plenty wide so that they can hold alot?

·
Registered
452 Posts
I vote LL. I don't like the way hard bags look, LL looks like softbags.

·
Registered
265 Posts
I love the Leather Lyke bags. They hold a ton of stuff,and they are easily removeable.

·
Registered
347 Posts
The Leatherlyke hold my leather jacket plus room for spare gear and have the secured helmet hook on the back under the cover. I haven't measured them for dimensions but haven't had a problem when stopping somewhere or picking things up. My large 17" laptop in its portfolio case wont quite fit in the opening. What are you looking to carry?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts