Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I really like the sound from the Hard Krome 3' Big straights and the HK K2s. They sound awsome. Then I found that National Cycle makes the Peacemakers for the 07 1300 R that have a togle switch on the handlebar that allows you to change from loud to quiet mode! That really appeals to me to be able to tick off some HD riders and go to Sunday school all in one day. Here is the problem. I can not find any sound clips on UTUBE that have the Peacemakers. Does anyone know where I can go to hear the Peacemakers? Or even better are there any other makers of "volume controlled" pipes? Seems like these manuerfacters should have these clips on thier website.
Thanks

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeh I need to write them and tell them if they send me a free set i will make a good marketing video... though of South Park too...lol.. I really want to hear them on a bike moving... or i will not buy a set..

·
Registered
369 Posts
yeh I need to write them and tell them if they send me a free set i will make a good marketing video... though of South Park too...lol.. I really want to hear them on a bike moving... or i will not buy a set..
I wouldnt buy a set. Not with that kinda advertisment. whats that say about a company thats trying to be taken seriously, by putting an ad like that out there. Im thinking that its a product that may only last a season or two, before the actuator motor shorts out and fries from over usage...

Think of it this way...its just one more of all the possible things to go wrong.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Well the guy in the ad doesn't have to worry about too much happening to his scoot anyway.... His damn wheels don't even spin while visiting cartoon land. And it looks like weather is never an issue.

Can't believe National Cycle would release this ad either. Wow.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well I can get a set for 580.. but my main thing is the sound in the loud setting. i think I will call them and see if they can get a clip on on going down the road or something. Also I would want to know the warranty on the mechanism getting stuck. I think we are all in agreement the clip is cheesy at best.LOL. Thanks for all the input... now considering my original choice:HK3" Big Straights

·
Registered
369 Posts
just one more thing that id like to ad. it looks like the only choice of pipes available are tapered. Tapered pipes are commonly used as stock equipment! anyone else see where im goin with this?

How do we know that he isnt buying up everyones stock pipes off eBay, reworking them and slapping his name on them and selling them as his "Finished Product"?

just something i thought about...im curious to see what you guys think?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just one more thing that id like to ad. it looks like the only choice of pipes available are tapered. Tapered pipes are commonly used as stock equipment! anyone else see where im goin with this?

How do we know that he isnt buying up everyones stock pipes off eBay, reworking them and slapping his name on them and selling them as his "Finished Product"?

just something i thought about...im curious to see what you guys think?

good point... personally I like the slash cuts. I left a message with NC asking about the sound.. doesnt seem to be going over well for these on this site. lol

·
GreatLakesRoadRiders.org
1,410 Posts
Go with the HK's. leave NC to the windshields.
I agree -- go with what you know you like the sound of. If you need them to be quieter, shift into a higher gear and go easy on the throttle. I love my HK3s w/ Mike's baffles. And BTW, the (NC) Switchblade windshield totally rocks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts