Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be leaving Custer SD and going up to the SWCorner of ND across state to Fargo, then turning south to Sioux Falls, Kansas City back to Hot Springs Village AR.

Any particular good sites to see as I come across ND Bismarck Jamestown to Fargo?

Planning to spend the night in Fargo. Any personal recommended Motorcycle friendly hotel/motels in Fargo area?

JSR in HSV

·
ext440
123 Posts
Theodore Roosevelt National Park Northern Badlands

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theodore_Roosevelt_National_Park

Both main units of the park have scenic drives, approximately 100 miles of foot and horse trails, wildlife viewing, and opportunities for backcountry hiking and camping. There are three developed campgrounds: Juniper Campground in the North Unit, Cottonwood Campground in the South Unit, and the Roundup Group Horse Campground in the South Unit.
One of the most popular attractions is wildlife viewing. The park is home to a wide variety of Great Plains wildlife including bison, feral horses, elk, bighorn sheep, white-tailed deer and mule deer, prairie dogs, and at least 186 species of birds including golden eagles, sharp-tailed grouse, and wild turkeys. Bison may be dangerous and visitors are advised to view them from a distance. Bison, elk, and bighorn sheep have been successfully reintroduced to the park. Here is a photo I took there last year and you can ride your bike in the park too.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
No sightseeing tips, but have a safe and fun ride...

·
Registered
39 Posts
I haven't done it yet, but I heard that the Sheyenne River Valley Scenic Byway is a nice ride, but almost anything is nice compared to the straight/flat roads here in the valley.

Not sure about hotels in the area. If you get off on the first West Fargo exit, you'll be on Main St. West Fargo has a few smaller ones that I have heard are decent and clean, probably cheaper if that is what you are looking for. Keep going on Main and right before I-29 there is a Kelly Inn.

If you want a bigger chain, you could stay on I-94 and get off at the 45th St exit and there is a number of hotels both north and south of the Interstate. They are all pretty new, so I don't know much about them.

Have a safe trip....

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't done it yet, but I heard that the Sheyenne River Valley Scenic Byway is a nice ride, but almost anything is nice compared to the straight/flat roads here in the valley.

Not sure about hotels in the area. If you get off on the first West Fargo exit, you'll be on Main St. West Fargo has a few smaller ones that I have heard are decent and clean, probably cheaper if that is what you are looking for. Keep going on Main and right before I-29 there is a Kelly Inn.

If you want a bigger chain, you could stay on I-94 and get off at the 45th St exit and there is a number of hotels both north and south of the Interstate. They are all pretty new, so I don't know much about them.

Have a safe trip....
Thanks for the update.
making notes.
JSR

·
aka "Buddha Bill"
1,188 Posts
Ride safe and have a hell of a time! I'll see you when you get back to Yankee town (the Village)!:icon_wave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts