Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the bad luck to puncture my rear tire this memorial day weekend now I must replace it after only 1700 miles. :banghead: I am considering the Pirelli MT66 Route Cruiser But I am unsure. Has anyone ever used this tire before or have any suggestions . Money is alittle tight right now so I need a good affordable tire. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I ran battleaxes on my crotch rocket....Never imagined putting them on a cruiser, they are a good performance tire

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
The tread pattern is actually very similar to the Avon cobra. However Bridgestone has some other models too. I like that excedra as well which is probably more of a tourer/cruiser tire

·
FDC !! The Real Truth...
855 Posts
if money is really tight.. then I suggest the Yokohama AVID Touring S and go darkside... Under $100 and will last about 40k..... Avon Venom's are getting some really bad press of late.. might stay from those if you choose to stay MC tire... MC Warehouse had a great deal on my old Metz ME 880.. good luck

·
Registered
4,892 Posts
You know Tiger, I have seriously considered going darkside. I'm fully aware of the advantages but I just cant get past the look.
I was looking for a cheaper tire though and thought I'd give this stone a try. Had the Avon , a pretty pricey piece of rubber, and had I gotten a little better milage from it I wouldn't have thought twice about getting another one. Now if I have to change this stone before I have to change my oil then I'll probably give the Metz a spin. (pun intended)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any modifications needed to go darkside? and what size tire would be needed for a 1300C? I'm intrigued

1 - 9 of 9 Posts