Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a 1800c some months ago and have steadily been repairing and renovating. I want an oem air filter element but the only ones I find are at Honda on line, bike bandit, and the like. Honda (parts?) nation wanted $23.00+ just for shipping. The others do not tell you how they calculate shipping until you put in your credit card number. Don't want to do that. I am just a lowly old rider trying to upgrade without squandering half of my Social Security check. Anyone know where the oem can be bought or if that K&N filter that looks like a broken heart will fit in my oem box?
:hmm2:

·
Premium Member
27,731 Posts
Yes the K&N will fit and it's far superior in every way to the stock one. You can't go wrong with it. Decap the stock box mod the carb a little and you'll be very pleased. Bassdude, Gonzo and CharlieD can gove you all the advise you'll ever need to do all this.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Just slow down and wait someone will tell you where you can get a K&N air filter at the best value, and lowest shipping cost.

Those that you mentioned charge more for shipping and handling than the damn part cost.

I ordered a left rear turn signal assembly that cost $31.95 and they charged me $23.75 S&H. When I sent them an email telling them I looked up the shipping cost on UPS from their Zip Code to My Zip Code, and it was $12.00, so am I to believe handling was $11.75.

That is how they can advertise the lowest price on parts.

·
A Texan
4,365 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
I guess it just depends on how much you want your bike to breath and how many paper filters do you want to buy...... K&N is the way to go.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah. Thanks. I guess I get too impatient and discouraged at the same time. In my heart I know the K&N would better, but the photo of the K&N filter just doesn't appear that it will in my intake box. At the present I just cannot afford to replace the whole contraption. I thought that if I could get an oem for around $25 to $30 with shipping, I could do that and then do the whole thing by the time I need a new one. Then I hope I wouldn't have so many pressing issues during renovation. Lots of ideas and advice here. This is such a great site. Thanks.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Ron, Our good buddy topgunner just made a deal on a stock airbox and K&N filter set-up. He doesn't need the filter. Search him out, I'm sure you could make a deal on the filter. Just a suggestion.....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts