Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
The first one over the second one but what if you dropped the lower left edge of the Y to meet the lower right part of the bottom of the X to make it symmetrical?

·
Erect Member
11,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The first one over the second one but what if you dropped the lower left edge of the Y to meet the lower right part of the bottom of the X to make it symmetrical?
that was the reason i was asking for opinions...i did a sketch with it being symmetrical, and it looked far too much like "YTX"...when it is actually supposed to say "VTX"

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
that was the reason i was asking for opinions...i did a sketch with it being symmetrical, and it looked far too much like "YTX"...when it is actually supposed to say "VTX"

Doh....ah, yes....VTXcafe....VTX motorcycles.....
I was just looking at the letters not thinking of the 'source' of the need.
Oops....

·
Erect Member
11,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Doh....ah, yes....VTXcafe....VTX motorcycles.....
I was just looking at the letters not thinking of the 'source' of the need.
Oops....
no need for "oops"...you have been extremely helpful. that is exactly the reason i was asking...to avoid any confusion with the lettering as well as an opinion on the overall design. sure dont want people constantly asking what "YTX" stood for. thank you and thank everyone else as well...

its a work in progress, so i might be posting a few more before i make my mind up on a final sketch.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I must be the only one who likes the 2nd one

·
Erect Member
11,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1st.

Whatcha makin? :hmm2:
no idea...i was just making a few sketches for a job...someone has a "ktm 250" they wanted done and the basic design he was wanting kinda gave me an idea for a "VTX" logo. so i was just toying with making a vtx stencil...and then see where it goes (maybe for a future paint scheme or something?). wife says it would make a nice airbrushed tshirt design...i think she is just wanting me to make her one :nope:

·
Registered
682 Posts
I like the first one, but agree with others that that design would look better symmetrical. Have you tried shortening up the right leg of the "X" some?

1 - 20 of 46 Posts