Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I've been searching high and low for a windshield. Of all the searching I did I couldn't come up with one. National Cycle was my last hope. I sent them pictures of the mount I have, that takes the windshield and lights all on one mount. They informed me that my setup looks to be a Honda setup and nothing that they have would fit. That was a bummer to hear.

With that advice, I focused on Honda OEM parts but, it seems that addresses only the bike. The windshield set-up with the lights, I have to assume were made buy someone else for Honda. Who that may be, that would be anyones guess. So, I just looked below and it seems like I can upload pictures of the bar that holds the lights and takes on the windshield. The spacing between mounting holes is 5" on center.

Al

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
11,360 Posts
Any chance those are home made?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi
I've been searching high and low for a windshield. Of all the searching I did I couldn't come up with one. National Cycle was my last hope. I sent them pictures of the mount I have, that takes the windshield and lights all on one mount. They informed me that my setup looks to be a Honda setup and nothing that they have would fit. That was a bummer to hear.

With that advice, I focused on Honda OEM parts but, it seems that addresses only the bike. The windshield set-up with the lights, I have to assume were made buy someone else for Honda. Who that may be, that would be anyones guess. So, I just looked below and it seems like I can upload pictures of the bar that holds the lights and takes on the windshield. The spacing between mounting holes is 5" on center.

Al

That never crossed my mind. I purchased the big w/only 6k on the speedo and from the original owner and it was on the bike and looked as new as the bike which was only 2 years old at the time of purchase. It was originally chrome but, I painted it grey to retard the rusting. That might have you think it was home made. And, the harware mounting the windshield was metric.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts