Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The Wanderer
6,665 Posts
Thats one of those dumb things that you only do once. He wasn't even passing for any reason.
How would you like to be the poor guy in the car that hit him and had to live with that for the rest of your life.

·
Registered
941 Posts
... at least that guy was on a straight and legal.
I may have posted here

while driving my cage down a country road, I had a guy come straight for me, head on, on a curve. He was on a stretched crotch rocket .. intentionally passing two pickup trucks pulling utility trailers over the double yellow line at speed.

At the last minute, in the middle of the curve, he squeeze between me and the lead truck. He was not successful in negotiating the turn.

He did regain consciousness before the ambulance got there. He also realized he couldn't move his legs. Spinal injuries and air lifted to Duke Trauma. My wifes a nurse. I tried everything I could to find out how he was doing but Duke and the NCHP wouldnt release any info.

Terrible site man !

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
That's a shame for the driver of the car, the family of the rider, and the other riders that were with him to have to see it/have it happen.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Obviously leap frogging each other and he simply didn't bother to look at the traffic as he was more concerned with overcoming his Brethern.
So Sad for everyone involved but lets hope the clip on the internet will make the rounds and make some people think about their riding habits.

·
Premium Member
10,101 Posts
I can't understand why he didn't push back into his proper lane, he had to see the vehicle coming at him. Wondering?

·
Premium Member
2,476 Posts
That is sad on all levels.

You can't cure stupid, but it usually takes care of itself eventually. :(

Ride safe.....and smart.:choppersm

1 - 16 of 16 Posts