Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Favorite Bike - V65 Magna
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dropped by the local Honda dealer to pick up some 60% molly past. While there, I looked at the bikes for sale. There was a new 2008 VTX1800N3 on the floor. The salesman said they wanted $14,900. Maybe they are running out.

Geezer

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
I agree they are running low. My real ? is why does your Honda dealer know what Molly Paste is and mine gave me the "deer staring into the headlight" look when I went there seeking the same? They had some paste in a tube with Japanese writing on it but could not tell me the %of Molly. I had to order from HDL to get the 60% paste at a decent price........A lot of $$ for that bike.........

·
Favorite Bike - V65 Magna
1,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree they are running low. My real ? is why does your Honda dealer know what Molly Paste is and mine gave me the "deer staring into the headlight" look when I went there seeking the same? They had some paste in a tube with Japanese writing on it but could not tell me the %of Molly. I had to order from HDL to get the 60% paste at a decent price
They had the 60% Molly Paste on a counter on the showroom floor. The parts guy said that several bike shops bought it from him.

........A lot of $$ for that bike.........
Yep! They had a black 2010 Goldwing sitting next to it discounted to $16,900. I was thinking someone wasn't thinking straight.

Geezer

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
wow, that is an awesome price. I may trade my boston whaler sport 130 for a 2003 1800 retro. my whaler is worth from 5,000 to 7,00, i think the 1800 might be worth close to that too. It has 10,000 miles, brand new rubber, bags, fancy rear seat with arm rests, couple of windshields. Stock exhaust, a pair of chaps, lol, village people :D. The bike is about 150 miles away from me, but i live 10 miles from the ocean, so if i do this trade, i will ask the person with the bike to trailer it to me. I'll ride his bike, he can ride my boat, and if we are both happy, then the papers get signed.
Im just sort of thinking out loud, but as always will consider any feedback.
:choppersm Bry

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Yes as Bill stated that is MSRP, Honda must have cancelled the $2,000 Bonus bucks on the VTX's.

But! Wait,

Southern Honda Power sports in Orlando, FL have 2008N for $9,678.00, which is still a little high. The same company store in Chattanooga TN wanted $8,495.00 when I purchased my 2008 1800F from them, but they don't have anymore.

http://orlando.southernhonda.com/showcaseproductdetail.htm?ID=5329892&Brand=16&Type=1786&fpg=1

Could be some room for negotiations?

The Chattanooga Store still has a Black 2007 1800C, and a Red w/black flames 2007C for $7,582.00.

http://www.southernhonda.com/showcaseproductdetail.htm?ID=3843414&Brand=16&Type=1786

·
Reeling Jackwagon
2003 1300S
9,121 Posts
Local dealer has several 1300 & 1800's and they are all marked up real high. Not everyone knows what we know and you're not gonna get a lower price unless you ask.

·
No Reason To Be Serious
16,394 Posts
Dropped by the local Honda dealer to pick up some 60% molly past. While there, I looked at the bikes for sale. There was a new 2008 VTX1800N3 on the floor. The salesman said they wanted $14,900. Maybe they are running out.

Geezer

Hmmm, according to many websites, the Spec 3 got dropped before '08. In 2008, I believe that there was only Spec 1's and Spec 2's... :hmm2:

I think that it could be that maybe the dealer has marked them up for the Xmas time last minute emotional buys that sometimes get made by people in a rush...

Obviously this bike can be purchased fairly easily around the country for about $9K.. I think the dealer has got "visions of sugarplums" in his head...

My 2006 N Spec 3 had a hang tag on it with a list price of $14,300 when I first saw it. I wound up giving the dealer $8500 for it... that was on the last day of Oct in 2008. Maybe I should have bought two of them.... (both in Black, of course...:D....)

:patriot:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts