Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
6,543 Posts
(y) Way to go Sean. But a whole new learning curve o_O for sure (not to mention how it handles in the NC mountains compared to the 1300). Bare's site has a lot of good info, as mentioned.
;)

·
Too short for my weight
5,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
(y) Way to go Sean. But a whole new learning curve o_O for sure (not to mention how it handles in the NC mountains compared to the 1300). Bare's site has a lot of good info, as mentioned.
;)
Yeah I can see the learning curve looming in front of me! Lol... I rode it real quick up and down the road Ohavent been to the dmv yet to get my tag) and I noticed it wants to stand up more than the 1300. But it’ll be fun! Last night I polished her up and did the starter switch maintenance. I’ve got some goodies on the way including pair valve delete plates. And I’ll do the ground fix while I’m in there.

·
Registered
6,543 Posts
I've been using the heck out of Meguiars Ceramic liquid wax. Most bugs just leave a slight skid mark, no splatter. A damp rag clears them all away without scrubbing. I put two coats on. Just 3-5 minutes and wipe it clean. Sorry for the commercial, but this stuff is impressive.
(y)

·
Too short for my weight
5,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I use meguairs (sp?) waterless wash and wax. Works really well

Reactions: sumdatx

·
From ID, GO VANDALS!
336 Posts
I have the same bike! I thought it was Illusion Blue...
With those pipes you may end up needing a power commander/programmer to eliminate popping on deceleration. Mine popped a lot after I modified the exhaust (VTX Exhaust.com).

That is the coolant reservoir and yes the chrome part comes off with a couple of screws.

Congrats on the new ride! I agree that Blue is the best color and argue that blue is the real fastest color... Enjoy the addiction!

·
Too short for my weight
5,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
I have the clymer manual on the way. last night I scored a Honda manual for the ‘05 R/S/N off eBay for a “reasonable” price.

·
Too short for my weight
5,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
If anyone is wondering, the rear light is led... I took it out to see about changing it to led only to find that it already is!!! Oh well, cleaned it up and reinstalled it. Changed the shock bushings, did pair valve delete, did ground fix and changed the air filter to k&n. Will have all the lighting changed to led this week. Does anyone know where to get the new flasher relay?

·
Too short for my weight
5,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

Reactions: 68valiant

·
From ID, GO VANDALS!
336 Posts
Did you upgrade your rear shock bushings to the green ones? I had to replace mine shortly after purchasing the bike as well. Other than adding my light bar off of the 1100, the only other lighting change that I have made is red Kuryakyn bulbs in the rear indicators. Haven't made the switch to LED yet. Been seriously considering the VTX Daymaker upgrade.

·
Too short for my weight
5,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

·
Too short for my weight
5,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Did you upgrade your rear shock bushings to the green ones? I had to replace mine shortly after purchasing the bike as well. Other than adding my light bar off of the 1100, the only other lighting change that I have made is red Kuryakyn bulbs in the rear indicators. Haven't made the switch to LED yet. Been seriously considering the VTX Daymaker upgrade.
No, sumdatx had sent me vtxtreme shock bushings a while back, and I’d been saving them.... so I put them on the N!

·
Fastest Red Club Member
2007 VTX 1300R, Indianapolis
7,517 Posts
I thought 1800 doesn't use a traditional turn signal relay so you're stuck with using load equalizer things.

·
Too short for my weight
5,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
I thought 1800 doesn't use a traditional turn signal relay so you're stuck with using load equalizer things.
I’m not sure. I havent received my manual yet, and haven’t researched it real hard yet. If it doesn’t, I won’t use load equalizers just because it defeats the purpose of relieving the load on the electrical system (and I don’t mind the fast flash, plus I use hand signals most of the time anyways)...

·
Super Moderator
10,075 Posts
I very rarely use hand signals but when I do, the only one I use is a single middle digit :)

Reactions: henkvdb

·
Too short for my weight
5,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I feel like hand signals get more attention....

21 - 40 of 44 Posts