Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
This guy needs all 1800cc
2,053 Posts
Definitely not a stock switch.
It could be for thousands of things from aftermarket lights to factory functions that the previous owner wanted separate control over.
If I were in your shoes, I honestly would cut the switch from the wires (to make it easy to pull the wires and trace where they're connected - plus that switch looks like it has seen better days).
The only caveat I recommend would be to flip that switch once or twice while the bike is running. Just to make sure it's not something critical like a kill switch.

·
Super Moderator
10,556 Posts
Trace the wires to see what it controls.

Reactions: 68valiant

·
Registered
17,044 Posts
Definitely not a stock switch.
It could be for thousands of things from aftermarket lights to factory functions that the previous owner wanted separate control over.
If I were in your shoes, I honestly would cut the switch from the wires (to make it easy to pull the wires and trace where they're connected - plus that switch looks like it has seen better days).
The only caveat I recommend would be to flip that switch once or twice while the bike is running. Just to make sure it's not something critical like a kill switch.
My bike has a switch mounted in the same way. The PO had it wired to 'blue' accessory lights. I left it there except to replace with a longer handled switch and added more lights.

Reactions: IndyX and 68valiant

·
Fastest Red Club Member
2007 VTX 1300R, Indianapolis
7,794 Posts
The joys of buying used bikes.
Follow the wires to see where they go.

It's entirely possible the switch goes no where if the prior owner removed something before the sale.

Often people add fuse blocks under side cover so I'd pull those off and look there for those wires.

Good luck in your wire tracing. Let us know what you find out.

·
FREEBIRD
7,909 Posts
If I had to guess, I would say it's the ejection seat switch. 😋 Only one way to find out!

·
Fastest Red Club Member
2007 VTX 1300R, Indianapolis
7,794 Posts
If I had to guess, I would say it's the ejection seat switch. 😋 Only one way to find out!
I almost said that. :)

·
FREEBIRD
7,909 Posts
Reactions: PaXman11

·
Registered
851 Posts
Im just wondering since its near the ignition if owner did not put in a saftey kill switch to prevent bike from starting even with a key

1 - 10 of 10 Posts