Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, new to this site, first post. Just got a 2007 1300 R about month ago, Love everything but the sound. Did the Clayton mod to exhaust, deeper sound but difference was minimal. Bought Cobra Slip Ons off craigs list for 100 bucks and switched them out Sunday. I love the sound! My question is bike runs great and i want to keep it that way. I havent adjusted valves, carbs or air flow. I have ridden about 200 miles on new exhaust. Doesnt seem to run any hotter than before, although i havent gone that far yet. I am not mechanically inclined, so if something needs done i would prob take to dealer, and they said with slip ons i shouldnt need to anything- just wanted to check with the group- any reply would be great! Thanks!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
just enjoy it and dont let anyone talk you into an expensive job by saying your bike needs rejetting. It does NOT need rejetting at all. I have same bike, same cobra slip ons, same good running and same stock jets. :mosh: Bry

·
Registered
62 Posts
Definately no re-jetting needed. I have the same setup on my bike. I noticed mine running a little lean from the reduction in backpressure from the new pipes so I done the SCAR mod. This helped mine a lot. No more choking on cold starts and the improvement in throttle response is amazing. And if you decide to do it, trust me, if I can do it you can. If interested, just go to goheengarage.com and watch the detailed video on how to do it. Best thing is that it only costs about $2 for a package of washers to do it. Just slip one washer under the carb needle and you will see a big difference. All it does is just richen your mixture a little.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Hello all, new to this site, first post. Just got a 2007 1300 R about month ago, Love everything but the sound. Did the Clayton mod to exhaust, deeper sound but difference was minimal. Bought Cobra Slip Ons off craigs list for 100 bucks and switched them out Sunday. I love the sound! My question is bike runs great and i want to keep it that way. I havent adjusted valves, carbs or air flow. I have ridden about 200 miles on new exhaust. Doesnt seem to run any hotter than before, although i havent gone that far yet. I am not mechanically inclined, so if something needs done i would prob take to dealer, and they said with slip ons i shouldnt need to anything- just wanted to check with the group- any reply would be great! Thanks!
was that your dealer saying the slip ons dont need re jetting? That's a good sign, many dealers would say it had to be jetted and hope to pick up a fast bundle of bucks. There are some honest dealers out there, its just that most of us have had run ins with the other kind, the kind we call stealers. :mad:
Bry

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
+1 on what eveyone said. No need. You may however consider the PAIR removal if you haven't already. It will improve the sound even more.
P

1 - 5 of 5 Posts