Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone! I hope you're all enjoying the closing months to what is the normal riding season (at least here in Indiana). Personally, I ride year around unless there is snow or ice on the roadways. I recently had some mods on my ride and wanted to share a few pics. I had the stock bars, risers, and cables changed to 1.5" Big Buffalo beach bars, 4 inch Big Buffalo risers, and had +4 stainless braided cables on. I swapped out the ISO grips to Arlen Ness' flamed grips and had the wires ran internally. Overall, I think it cleaned up the bike quite a bit. The ride changed a lot. The bars make it feel it has power steering. With the bars being so wide, I think I ride with a bit of a snarl, but that is neither here nor there. The riding position in the stock seat (I know, I know....I heard the groans at the Indy meet and greet as loudly as I feel them after a long ride in that stock seat) could be moved back about an inch. Overall, the bike is comfortable and cleaner in appearance. I hope this helps anyone considering these mods. The work was done (I don't jack with electrical) at Dreyer Honda (317-248-1403) on Indy's West side...ask for Dink and he'll take care of you. Thank you to all of you who helped me with my questions about making these changes. Ride safe and I hope to see you guys out there....:choppersm

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sumncguy, the cables I bought two years ago from cruisercustomizing.com. Originally, and friend and I were going to tackle this project, but he ended up flipping his Harley and passed away, so needless to say the project got postponed. The cables were about 40-50 a piece I believe. The brake line was ordered through the shop and I think it was about the same. I will double check the brand and cost when I get home. I've got a stack of receipts.

Nobody70, Slick bike! Those seats look great against the paint....and I like the rims.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The cables were purchased from xtreme revolution (sorry) in late 07. The throttle pull and push cables and the clutch cable are Barnett Stainless Steel Braided Cables and were $39.70, $37.21, and 47.50 respectively. The front brake line was purchased through the dealer and looks like it was $72.00. Hope this helps.

·
Reeling Jackwagon
2003 1300S
9,193 Posts
Running those wires really cleaned up the front end. Looks nice!!!!

·
Registered
367 Posts
I like it...very clean look. It gives me some more ideas. Did you need to change the cables since you installed the new risers and handle bars or could you have kept the stock cables and been okay?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think the cables would have been tight with the addition of beach bars. Everyone I talked to said I would need +4s. Of course, I would expect that suggestion from some sales people, but those who had added beach bars said the same thing.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
I do like those cables....I agree they really "add" to the clean look....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts