Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Sabre and Interstate look to have the same front motor profile, but the tank on the Interstate may be bigger,,,(Deeper)

Cruiser bars may very well be part of the 'gig',,,

I'm guessing they are all 1300 twins,,, :hmm2:

Can't really tell much by the pics, other than the chassis (for the most part) looks the same across the board,,, The front downtubes are a little more swept than the Fury, Different rear fender,,,

Honda loves it's 'shadow pics',,, remember the fury before it was launched,,,

·
"Semper Fidelis"
5,081 Posts
Mongo dunno. I guess we will have to wait and see.

·
Premium Member
27,731 Posts
Sabre and Interstate look to have the same front motor profile :hmm2:

Can't really tell much by the pics, other than the chassis (for the most part) ,
Look at the rear of the motors on the Sabre and the Interstate. There's no opening like the others. Could be covers or the seat, guess it's going to be a wait and see game.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Look at the rear of the motors on the Sabre and the Interstate. There's no opening like the others. Could be covers or the seat, guess it's going to be a wait and see game.
I agree, could be 'either or,,,'

Perhaps a 'refined' version for the tourer, covered up and 'streamlined', and a 'naked' version for the 'street',,,

Fenders on Fury and Sabre look alike, fenders on stateline and Interstate look alike,,,

++ Just wonder if that interstate is going to have an 1800 engine.:hmm2:
Hard to say,,, I'm guessing not, but, a guess is a guess,,:(

Personally, I'd like my next Honda cruiser to have at least a 1200 cc mill,,,,

with 300 cc per cylinder,,, :stirpot: :stirpot: :stirpot:

Mongo dunno. I guess we will have to wait and see.
I think Mongo is probably the only SMART one out of the batch, myself included!! LOL!!! :icon_mrha :icon_mrha :icon_mrha

·
Gecko?
5,411 Posts
Well, lookie here! It appears as though the manager at my Honda dealer was correct:

http://www.vtxcafe.com/showthread.php?p=388867#post388867

He also told us that there was "one other model" but he couldn't remember the name (which we now know is the Saber). He said with certainty that these are all fuel injected 1300 models. These are here to replace the VTX1300CRST models...

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So now,

If ya want a carb on your new Honda,

you'll have to get a,,,,

(Lord, I apologize for the evil in my heart,,, :stirpot: :spank: :spank: :spank: :nope: :nope: :nope: :stirpot: :mad: :banghead: :spank: :nope: :stirpot: :icon_mrha :icon_mrha :icon_mrha)

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
. He said with certainty that these are all fuel injected 1300 models. These are here to replace the VTX1300CRST models...
So what do ya think they will sell out of first,,, the 09 1300's, or the left over 07 - 08 1800's? :hmm2:

All in all, it sounds like 'the end of the road' for the VTX line,,,, :hmm2: :( :hmm2: :( :hmm2:

^^LOL

SOOOOOOoooooooooooooo.....who thinks they will put shitty steering bearings in these too??????? :eek::stirpot:

LMAO!!! I hear the 7.5 HP version already HAS the tapered bearings!!! :icon_mrha

·
Gecko?
5,411 Posts
So what do ya think they will sell out of first,,, the 09 1300's, or the left over 07 - 08 1800's? :hmm2:

All in all, it sounds like 'the end of the road' for the VTX line,,,, :hmm2: :( :hmm2: :( :hmm2:
I'm not sure...I would have to say the 1300 models if the prices go down like they should. If it were up to me, I'd be buying one of the 1800 models at my dealer right now...:hmm2:

Anyone want to buy a 1300C? :drunk:

I agree that it's the end of the "VTX" line, but these have essentially the same motor. I'm glad they're sticking with the headlight design. It's one of the biggest things that drew me to this bike in the first place.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm not sure...I would have to say the 1300 models if the prices go down like they should.

In what little looking around I've done, 'left over' 1300's are few and far between. I'd venture to guess that the 1300's could sell out first,,,

If it were up to me, I'd be buying one of the 1800 models at my dealer right now...:hmm2:

There seems to be an 'endless' supply of the 1800's,,, Still getting a heck of a lot of bike for the $$$ even if it is a 'leftover' (That's one of the main reasons I got my 18,,,, $$$$$$$)

Anyone want to buy a 1300C? :drunk:

I agree that it's the end of the "VTX" line, but these have essentially the same motor. I'm glad they're sticking with the headlight design. It's one of the biggest things that drew me to this bike in the first place.
Truth be known, I'd wager a lot of the 1300 Fury internal parts are interchangeable with the VTX 1300's,,,

·
Registered
216 Posts
wow!! I am excited. I wonder what the prices will be. I am however not wanting to say goodbye to the vtx line.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I guess I'll be keeping mine a LOOOOOOOOONG time then!!....
And the BEST part about that is the thing will probably run FOREVER!!!! :choppersm

Just add gas, oil, and tires,,,, :icon_mrha :icon_mrha :icon_mrha :icon_mrha

wow!! I am excited. I wonder what the prices will be.

Just as high as they can possibly sell 'em for,,,

Prices usually go higher than lower,,,

I am however not wanting to say goodbye to the vtx line.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah, it is kinda 'strange',,, I got into the VTX 'theme' about a year and a half ago,,,

Feels like I just got here, and now it's going away,,,, :( :confused:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Keep us posted. i am not sure but if it replaces the x line and this is taking place of the cruiser line. then i guess i will have to keep my x forever and thats ok with me.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
All we can do is wait and see,,,

The VTX line is going on 8+ yrs old, the 1800 seems to be 'extinct', so I'm guessing the door is 'wide open' for this 'new generation' of Fury's to walk in as the 'dominant cruiser offering' from Honda in 2010,,, and the VTX's will quietly go to the pages of history,,,

Ya got to ask yourself,,, why have VTX's AND a Fury, a Sabre, a Stateline, and an Interstate???? :nope: They 'overlap' BIG TIME,,,,

IMHO, it could very well be that the VTX line is on the way 'out',,, :(

The closest thing to it will be the 1300cc V-twin mills,,,

1 - 20 of 64 Posts