Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

New to this site but, not to other sites. My wife and I came up to NC from Florida about 5 years ago and have been loving the roads and scenery here. I have a Goldwing and my wife has a VTX1300R. I love here bike so much I'm going to go pickup an 1800N this week that's for sale nearby. I love my wing but, it does not give you the same feeling a cruiser can.

Anyway, I hope to be of some help to others here and hopefully learn a few things from you.

I'll fix up my sig line... it's kinda lame right now.

-Miike.

·
Registered
7,808 Posts
Welcome,,

fyi.. 1300 and 1800 are greatly different machines...

the difference is very long..

1800 big.. 2002 to 2004 older injection and computer... 2005 and up newer.

·
Registered
15,736 Posts
Welcome from central Pa. high atop the Alleghenies.

·
Super Moderator
5,263 Posts
Welcome to the Cafe from the sunny central valley in California. Enjoy the Addiction!
<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Welcome from Charlotte, NC, Gateway to the Land of Cotton !!!

·
Super Moderator
9,456 Posts
Welcome. We live in central Florida for the winters and a few miles west of Hendersonville, NC in the summers. It is certainly a lot cooler in NC than in FL in the summers. Like you, I love the mountain roads. I've found great roads that are much tougher than the famous Dragon (e.g. Skyuka Mt. Rd. near Columbus, NC) as well as really fun sweepers like the BRP, US276, US215, NC9, and ALT US74. Safe riding and give a shout if you are heading over to the Brevard/Hendersonville/Asheville area and I would be happy to ride with you.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Welcome, from east Texas

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Welcome to the Cafe from Hampton Roads Virginia. I have a 2006 1300R VTX only 57,xxx miles on it. Barely broken in.

·
Premium Member
10,058 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee and wishing you well. :patriot:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well I ended up getting a great deal on an 09 1300R with only 7000 miles. New tires and not a scratch on it. It's still very stock but not for long. I pick it up Saturday and I'm already planning on making it a solo.

Thanks all for the warm welcome and @Vinish my wife and I head over toward Asheville often so I'll give you a shout.

·
Super Moderator
9,456 Posts
Sounds great. I'm always ready for a ride but usually busy on Tuesdays and Fridays.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
12 Participants
Vinish
Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum
VTX Cafe Forum is for owners of Honda VTX 1300 or VTX 1800. Join this community to discuss mods, specs, parts & more!
Full Forum Listing