Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New rider and new 2006 VTX1300R owner. I've got about 600 miles on me and about 14,500 on my bike. It's a 2006... I'm a significantly older model. I like the bike, it's big enough and fast enough for now. And it is was cheap enough that if I break it... I won't cry too much. I drilled the exhaust already for a better sound. No plans for any more mods other than changing to LED's all around and adding driving lights. I'll probably add a charging port at the same time. That's about it. I don't care too much for highways... prefer the byways, the country roads and the easy, leisurely putt in the country. Wife is riding too... but she is on a VSTAR 650 for now. Says she won't buy a bike unless is says "Indian" on it. Just took the MSF course this weekend. It was tough on a miniature Kawasaki 1 cylinder and me being bigger than the bike... Anyway that is me. Hope to learn some stuff here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Welcome OkieVTX. Greetings from Tulsa area. I myself am a new rider that recently took the MSF course. I also did the same as you and bought a 2006 VTX1300C as my first bike. It had less than 7,000 miles on it and thought it would be a great first bike to learn on. Like you said, if we break it we didn't lose much money. Eventually I will upgrade to the bike of my dreams in a couple years when I feel more comfortable. I have put just over 1,000 miles on mine since July and I couldn't be happier with it. Enjoy the freedom of two wheels, I know I sure am and wish I had starting riding sooner.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Good to have both of you guys here. Those 1300 are nice bikes. Tons here to learn.

As new riders it's great you started with some training. Never quit learning though. There are some great resources online to help build your skills.

Reactions: PaXman11 and TinBC

·
Registered
17,004 Posts
Welcome from central Pa. high atop the Alleghenies.

·
FREEBIRD
7,832 Posts
Hola from Ontario.🍻

1 - 5 of 5 Posts