Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm joining this forum hoping for input from riders with experience with the 1800VTX. I've riding a 2006, but never had an issue I couldn't work out until today. I'll review input to see if I can find an answer to my problem. Also, assuming I can get this issue corrected by this coming weekend, my brother and I will be riding to the South Dakota Badlands. He also has an 1800 VTX.

·
Registered
18,417 Posts
Hello, I'm joining this forum hoping for input from riders with experience with the 1800VTX. I've riding a 2006, but never had an issue I couldn't work out until today. I'll review input to see if I can find an answer to my problem. Also, assuming I can get this issue corrected by this coming weekend, my brother and I will be riding to the South Dakota Badlands. He also has an 1800 VTX.
Welcome from central Pa. high atop the Alleghenies. Since you didn't state your problem, and it's an 1800, I'll go out on a limb and presume it is an electrical issue such as won't start, or something like that. So.....it's critical that you have a fully charged battery in good condition. After charging, take the battery to an auto parts store that will do a free 100 AMP automotive LOAD test, -not- a 20 amp motorcycle test. Just checking for 12V doesn't get it. You can have a weak cell or 2 and it will let you stranded, all the while showing 12V. Please....do not waste your $$ on a cheap 49.95 battery. Sure, it might get you going, but maybe halfway on your trip in the middle of nowhere, it might crap out on you, and you will wish you had spent double that on a recommended YUASA replacement. If this is not the problem, let us know. We can probably help, but not clairvoyant.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts