Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I'm Rick, from Colorado. I've seen this site and looked around it for a while, and figured I might as well join in on the fun. I've been riding forever, it seems, and bought my '02 1800-C a couple years ago after having several other Hondas. I went from a '75 GL-1000 to an 1100 Shadow, then I found my VTX and couldn't pass on it. Anyway, I really enjoy the VTX and plan to keep it for a long time.
Does anyone know if the stock exhaust from a 2004 1800-N will fit the '02 1800-C. Has anyone tried, or succeeded, in making that switch? I lost one of the tips from the Bub Jug Huggers pipes I have on it now and had to ante up $100 for the replacement, so I'm considering changing to a different exhaust setup, just in case I lose another.

·
Slayer of Chickens
7,029 Posts
Hiya rwooddvr, from what I've seen here you can make it work, but there's a support bracket you may be missing or needs to be modified. My HK 3" Big Straights I put on my 1800C 'use' the stock bracket to mount... if you've got your Bub Jugs, not sure if they used your stock C or if they got rid of it altogether.

Someone'll chime in shortly I'm certain with more experience in your specific question, but aside from that... Welcome to the Cafe from Central Florida :)

Mort

·
Premium Member
10,102 Posts
Welcome from TN and wishing you a super great and safe day. :patriot:Sorry, but can't help you with your question as I don't know.

·
Reeling Jackwagon
2003 1300S
9,192 Posts
Welcome to the Cafe from North Idaho

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Welcome aboard from SE Texas! :cheers:

·
9,160 Posts
Welcome to the Cafe from Sebring, Florida. :icon_wave

·
2,807 Posts
rick, hello from the showme state.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
here's a shout out from Calgary Alberta - may you ride with the wind at your back, the sun overhead and the road endlessly winding.

·
Bald Headed Fat Man
1,510 Posts
Welcome to the cafe from Maryland

·
Registered
3,726 Posts
Sorry I can't help you with your question, but I'm sure someone will chime in shortly. :hmm2:
Welcome to the CAFE from Louisiana. :cheers:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the welcome notes. I'm sure I'll find the answer I'm looking for.
Where are all my fellow Coloradoans?

·
.45 Goodness
3,078 Posts
Welcome from Frostproof,FL:)

Ride Safe out there:choppersm

·
dizzy member
778 Posts
a few of us coloradoians were out sat riding togather and a few more are still out there.... join the colorado riders group. we are out all the time...

as far as the set up for pipes???? not sure i would guess not easily...

hope to see ya on the road:cheers:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts