Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
17,019 Posts
Welcome, from Palestine Road, Salix, Pa. high atop the Alleghenies.

·
Registered
2007 1300C
558 Posts
Welcome! Do yourself a favor and remove that key fob or other keys or whatever that is on your key ring, your side cover and your left crankcase cover will thank you!

Reactions: Corey Mathery

·
Super Moderator
10,469 Posts
Welcome, from Palestine Road, Salix, Pa. high atop the Alleghenies.
PaXman11, How much snow did you get in the recent storm?

·
Registered
17,019 Posts
PaXman11, How much snow did you get in the recent storm?
About 10". Called for 12-16", so we were lucky. Missed the high winds, ice. Fired up the Big Red 20 yr. old Honda hydrostatic 28" sn##blower. Went about 10 ft. and it wasn't blowing. Snapped the impeller shear bolt. Maybe the 3rd one in 20 years. 5 Minutes, a new bolt, and back in business.

·
Super Moderator
10,469 Posts
Wow, 10" of snow. Supposed to be a rough day here tomorrow as well. The temperature when I golf tomorrow at 8:30 is supposed to be 40 F with a high of only 50 F. Can you believe these crazy weather conditions? The weather gods should read the memo that this is Florida not the arctic circle :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome! Do yourself a favor and remove that key fob or other keys or whatever that is on your key ring, your side cover and your left crankcase cover will thank you!
I'm afraid I'll lose my key... What alternative would you suggest?

·
Registered
17,019 Posts
I'm afraid I'll lose my key... What alternative would you suggest?
Look up Key mods. My buddy Rick has a lug nut attached to his key, it sticks straight out rather then rubbing the side case.

·
Registered
2007 1300C
558 Posts
I found a little carabiner. Maybe about an inch long. It gives me something else to grad when its in my pocket or I can hang it on a belt loop.
With the little carabiner you can just clip it to your key ring then put it in your pocket, unclip it amd crank your bike and ride

Reactions: Mmg1972

·
Super Moderator
10,469 Posts
Here is what I used on my bikes before I got keyless ignitions: https://www.amazon.com/Rongbo-Detac...rds=Separating+Keychain&qid=1608386123&sr=8-3

Put the ignition key on the short end of this and the short cylindrical coupling does not hang off far enough to hit anything. The other end of the split apart key chain can hold whatever you want including house keys, bottle opener, mailbox key, gym pass, decorative fob, etc.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I just use a flight tag! It still rubs on the case, but its cloth, so it wont scratch it.

This is the one I use Here!

Then I just use a carabiner, to hold my keys to by belt loop when not riding.

·
Super Moderator
10,469 Posts
I have seen even cloth tags such as a flight tag wear away the paint on the side cover from the millions of smacks that the tag makes on the same place on the side cover due to it being moved vigorously by the wind.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts