Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, my name’s Garrett. Recently picked up an ‘07 1300C (16k) as my first bike and I already love it! Thanks for having me, I hope to learn a lot! I am an aircraft mechanic by trade. I am also registered on VTXOA under the same username.

·
Registered
18,417 Posts
Hi everyone, my name’s Garrett. Recently picked up an ‘07 1300C (16k) as my first bike and I already love it! Thanks for having me, I hope to learn a lot! I am an aircraft mechanic by trade. I am also registered on VTXOA under the same username.
Welcome from central Pa. high atop the Alleghenies (Johnstown). There are a bunch of fellas on here, and the OA, from E, or NE, oHIo. Whats yer location? After 5 initial posts, however brief, you can post pix of your ride.

·
Super Moderator
12,333 Posts
Welcome. We love pictures so please do not hesitate to post some of your bike. I believe that you can immediately post pictures in this introduction sub-forum.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome from central Pa. high atop the Alleghenies (Johnstown). There are a bunch of fellas on here, and the OA, from E, or NE, oHIo. Whats yer location? After 5 initial posts, however brief, you can post pix of your ride.
Hi there PaXman11, I'm in the Akron area, and I work in Cleveland. Thanks for the reply! I'll get some pics up soon

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A few pics of my C. Already did the Goheen cycles desmog, LED brake light (2357R), LED plate light, removed boss audio speakers (have a cardo), flushed & bled brakes. Wheels removed yesterday for new tires; old tires are OLD. Also changed engine oil & final drive oil. Coolant is next probably

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Super Moderator
12,333 Posts
Great looking bike and thanks for sharing the pics.

Reactions: Pilot253

·
Registered
18,417 Posts
Welcome. We love pictures so please do not hesitate to post some of your bike. I believe that you can immediately post pictures in this introduction sub-forum.
Just curious when this policy changed?

·
Super Moderator
12,333 Posts
I do not know if what you describe was ever a policy here. If it was a policy that was changed, it was not changed with my knowledge.

·
Registered
18,417 Posts
I do not know if what you describe was ever a policy here. If it was a policy that was changed, it was not changed with my knowledge.
It was frequently stated over the years that a new member had to make a minimum of 5 posts before having the ability to post pix. I didn't make the rule, and I didn't make this up. I am also not confusing that policy with another unrelated forum, as this, and the VTXOA, are the only 2 forums I visit, daily, that anyone would feel like posting pix. Since the VTXOA is identical to this forum, their policy is the same.

·
Super Moderator
12,333 Posts
There is obviously a difference between being told that a policy is in place and having that policy actually be in place. Perhaps this has always been a myth. On the other hand, it could have been changed without my knowledge. I am just a mod. I have no input to or control over the site mechanics. I merely moderate the content of posts. One other possibility is that this policy was not changed on purpose by the admins (those who control the site mechanics). Instead, when the site changed a few years ago to using new forum software, perhaps this change was automatic with the new forum software. Beats me which of these or some other answer is correct.

Regardless of how, when, or why, the picture policy you described is not in effect for at least some of the sub-forums of the VTX Cafe. We have ample evidence that it is not in effect for the introductions sub-forum or the bikes/items for sale sub-forum. Plenty of first time posters have their first post in the bikes/items for sale sub-forums and include pictures. It makes sense to me that this policy would not be in place for these sub-forums.

What remains unknown to me is whether or not this policy is in effect for the other sub-forums. My guess is that it is not but this is merely a guess.

·
Reeling Jackwagon
2003 1300S
9,373 Posts
It was probably a thing when Big X owned this site and I think the VTXOA had the same format. I don't think it matters on this newer format. I'm a member on a Chevy forum and a gun forum and other than the header pictures at the top, they are all the same and I was able to post pictures before five posts.

·
Registered
18,417 Posts
There is obviously a difference between being told that a policy is in place and having that policy actually be in place. Perhaps this has always been a myth. On the other hand, it could have been changed without my knowledge. I am just a mod. I have no input to or control over the site mechanics. I merely moderate the content of posts. One other possibility is that this policy was not changed on purpose by the admins (those who control the site mechanics). Instead, when the site changed a few years ago to using new forum software, perhaps this change was automatic with the new forum software. Beats me which of these or some other answer is correct.

Regardless of how, when, or why, the picture policy you described is not in effect for at least some of the sub-forums of the VTX Cafe. We have ample evidence that it is not in effect for the introductions sub-forum or the bikes/items for sale sub-forum. Plenty of first time posters have their first post in the bikes/items for sale sub-forums and include pictures. It makes sense to me that this policy would not be in place for these sub-forums.

What remains unknown to me is whether or not this policy is in effect for the other sub-forums. My guess is that it is not but this is merely a guess.
Thank you. I will remember this going forward.

·
Registered
18,417 Posts
It was probably a thing when Big X owned this site and I think the VTXOA had the same format. I don't think it matters on this newer format. I'm a member on a Chevy forum and a gun forum and other than the header pictures at the top, they are all the same and I was able to post pictures before five posts.
I thank you as well.

·
Registered
2006 Honda VTX1800C
8 Posts
A few pics of my C. Already did the Goheen cycles desmog, LED brake light (2357R), LED plate light, removed boss audio speakers (have a cardo), flushed & bled brakes. Wheels removed yesterday for new tires; old tires are OLD. Also changed engine oil & final drive oil. Coolant is next probably

View attachment 244906
View attachment 244907
Nice looking bike! I like the color!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts