Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
High I'm Pete. Loved riding in the 70's; gave it up when we had kids. I picked up a little Triumph Street Twin in 2016 that we stick in the back of the pickup and use on vacations with our travel trailer. Unfortunately life isn't allowing us to take as many extended vacations as we'd like. Although there's a lot of nice multi day trips convenient to our North Texas home, hopping on the little bike didn't work out due to limited saddle bags and my wife's fear of 70 mph plus riding even on low traffic Texas State Highways. I accidently stumbled across the VTX and fell in love. I'm only 5'-4", and I never thought a big bike could fit me as well as the VTX. A month ago I picked up a 2007 VTX1300S. It was off the road for 6 years, ran pretty rough. All I had to do was run seafoam through it. Now it runs great. I'm pretty happy. The big variable is always the wife and her seat, but it seems like we're working it out. I told her I got it for her for our 39th anniversary because she can't do the Texas highways on the little bike. I'm feeling like two bikes are better than one.

On another note this site seems to have lots of good information. Seems better than the Triumph site I've used.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts