Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need new shocks, they were bad enough before but now they're dented up and with no saddlebags to hide them. What is the best option without breaking the bank. I don't want to have to worry about whether or not they will fit or buying new hardware. Standard duty-okay Used-okay. 2002 Vtx 1800c
Any suggestions appreciated

·
Registered
16,871 Posts
I'm negotiating on a set of used Progressive 444's to replace my MB entry-level gas shocks. Probably pull the trigger on them within the next 2 weeks. Once I have them and mounted, I will let my MB's go to a VTX brother very cheap. A few bucks plus you pay shipping. They are chromed open coil shocks, standard 12.25" approx. 4 years old, have maybe 7-8K on them. I am running them with a combination of poly and bronze flange bushings, which will be maybe harsh for some riders, but very hard to wear out. Included. You can start a private conversation between us to exchange information.

·
Registered
16,871 Posts
I will buy those shocks. Pm me a price. Ships to 18070
I'm negotiating with Lukewalter first. If he decides not to buy, you are my #2. Please though don't be in a hurry. I just had abdominal surgery.

·
Registered
16,871 Posts
No problem. I know the feeling several hernia surgeries over the years. I will be standing by. Thanks Duane
Just for reference, where are you located? Edit: Nevermind, I see near Pen Argyl. I have a friend out there, Dave Graziani. His kid Tony? was a star QB there a few years ago.

·
Registered
16,871 Posts

·
Registered
16,871 Posts
I will buy those shocks. Pm me a price. Ships to 18070
It appears the 444's I was looking at, I won't be getting. So still looking. I'll be hanging onto my MB's for awhile anyway. If something comes up I will message you.

·
Registered
16,871 Posts
Ok thanks
And beware of scammers. I didn't pay attention when a 'new' member with exactly 1 post, suggested his 'friend' SBlum had a set of "just what I was looking for" for a pretty incredible price, then didn't want to accomodate my buying methods.

·
Registered
16,871 Posts
See your from j town. I am from out that way oringnally. Near wall pa
"HE" didn't actually do anything wrong, I guess. It would have been MY BAD had I taken the bait. I see, Wall is between E. McKeesport and Monroeville.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts