Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello to all from spotsylvania, va.

i recently got my license at age 55 while taking the msf course. had never been on a bike prior to that. so i'm rather excited having learned how much fun it can be. spent my first 30 years riding bicycles, so i knew the thrill of riding...but sitting on a motorcycle cruising the roads is heaven.

bought my first bike...07 1800 f3 with 1550 miles on it. hope that i can meet up with some of you on the road soon.

i would like to hear from some other owners of the 1800 f and learn what mods you choose for the stock exhaust which i find very quiet. i have considered vtxexhaust.com. have seen positive comments, but also some negative...the one i like least was a member sending in his exhaust and receiving the replacement that was not in as good a condition as his original. i then considered that in time if i were to sell the x, the new owner may wish it stock or i may wish it stock and sell the after market exhaust separate.

i have heard good things about the vance & hines big shots and i've heard them on a honda shadow. but i've also heard good things about bub jug huggers and on the you-tube videos they appear to have awesome sounds.

thanks...

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Hello from New York, Mad Marv. Congrats to you on getting an 1800 and especially for your first bike. It's a real handful, but awesome fun to ride.
Ride safe!
Bry

every rider has a favorite exhaust, just ask them.
Mine is cobra speedster longs

·
A Texan
4,365 Posts
Welcome to the Cafe from the Panhandle High Plains of Texas ....

1st •> :choppersm2nd •> •> :choppersm3rd •> •> •>:choppersm4th •> •> •> •> :choppersm Gone •> •> •> •> •> _____ :choppersm​

1800 Mods / Accessories​
•• National Cycle Switchblade 2up Windshield, National Cycle Switchblade Chrome Lowers •• Clocks4bikes Clock-Thermometer •• Big Bike Parts/Chrome Rear Brake Reservoir Cover, Drive Shaft Bolt Trim •• BrakeAway Throttle Control •• Paladin Highway bar •• Cobra Luggage Rack, Sissy bar & Tribal Insert, Drive Shaft Cover •• Barrel Bag •• Saddlemen SaddleStow Sissy Bar Deluxe Bag •• Willie & Max Windshield bag •• VTXExhaust.com 12" Short •• VTX Master Cylinder covers •• WhyPush "X" Air Box, K&N Filter •• Cycle House side covers •• Biglry & Bones Fuel Management •• Coyote Gas Cap hinge •• Kuryakyn ISO Grips & Throttle Boss, SwingWing Foot Pegs, Dually offset pegs, License Plate Mount for VX 1800C, License Plate frame, Texas Inspection Sticker plate •• Hondaline Chrome Light Bar for 1800C •• HealTech Digital Gear Indicator/eCaddy Accessory Mount •• Cardo Intercom Scala Q2 & G4 •• iPod •• Avon Cobra 200 -130 tires & Dyna Beads •• Tsukayu Strong bags/EasyBrackets •• Ultimate Bigboy driver seat with backrest and passenger seat •• Rivco Tachometer for 1800 C, Rivco 6" risers, Rivco Passenger boards/forward adaptors •• Big Bike Parts Chrome Drive Shaft Bolt Trim •• Gremlin Bell •• Signal Minder ••* Xena XX14 Motorcycle Disc Lock Alarm -- next on list • Tweaked Scotrod Tool Bag mod, Rivco Custom LED Lighted Turn Signal Motorcycle Mirrors, Stebel Horn, Progressive shocks….

750 Mods / Accessories​
Memphis Shades Fats 21” Gradient Black Windshield • Memphis Shades Quick Release Mounting Kit • Memphis Shades Lowers-Black / Mounting Kit •• Cobra Light Bar • Freeway Bar • Sissy bar • Plain Insert • Luggage Rack • Honda OEM Driver Foot Pegs VTX 1800C3 model •• Lazy Rider Small Barrel Bag •• Saddlemen Cruiser Large Tool Bag • Shock Cutaway Saddlebags •• Vance and Hines Cruzer Dual Exhaust •• WhyPush “Tribal Flame” Air Box / K&N Filter •• Kuryakyn ISO Grips • Kuryakyn Throttle Boss •• BrakeAway Throttle Control •• Avon Venom 180 - 90/90 tires •• Robert Doerr Custom Seat Mod with graphic •• ButtyBuddy auxillary seat •• Clocks4bikes Clock • Clocks4bikes Thermometer •• HealTech Digital Gear Indicator •• Phat Riser III for 750 Spirit •• Big Bike Parts Drive Shaft Cover • Chrome Drive Shaft Bolt Trim • Kisan Signal Minder • Kuryakyn Carburetor Jet Kit •• Evoline Wayer Helmet •• Cardo Intercom Scala G4 Powerset-Q2 Multiset • Gremlin Bell • ToolKit • Xena XX-6 Disc Lock Alarm -- next on list • Rivco Custom LED Lighted Turn Signal Motorcycle Mirrors, Stebel Horn….

:patriot:..........• Blessed to have been born in Texas •..........:patriot:
• Blessed to have been raised in Texas •
• Blessed to Live in Texas •
• If things continue as they are going - Hopefully I will be Blessed to see Texas as a Sovereign Nation again before I pass •
• Blessed I will be buried in Texas •

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Welcome to the Cafe from Pennsylvania.
Bub jugs vs vance & hines big shots... I heard them both on VTX's and went with V&H and have been glad since. I always get comments on the sound.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
here's a shout out from Calgary Alberta - may you ride with the wind at your back, the sun overhead and the road endlessly winding.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Welcome from Idaho...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks for the responses...

doomerman...we may be able to catch up since we're so close. i'm just out route 3 at chancellor. since i just started riding, i have the fever and have not noticed the cold yet. headed to harrisonburg tomorrow.

wanderingbear...thanks for shout from florida. my dad was born there in plant city. i believe it is the strawberry capital of the world.

showmevtx...thanks also. mizzou kicked butt today.

chkridr...my sister lives in raleigh. i will be planning a ride your way come spring.

chopperhound1971...great state of oklahoma. my dad's dad hails from there. rode in the calvary in his day. before he past on, he used to tell me about ridin the territory but on horseback.

also thanks for the opinions on exhaust. it appears that vance & hines is the hands down favorite from those that stepped in to say hi. i'll be taking that under advisement. thanks, again.

·
team VTX cafe physician
14,396 Posts
welcome from NE Ohio.....there's a bunch of us who have started riding at a late age.....I did at 54......this is my first bike...and as you can see from my miles I have done a lot of riding.......including some long rides........you need to get some serious seat time before you ride with a crowd......I would just go for a ride whenever you can...that's what I do......go to a large parking lot and practice.....turns, stops, starts......so you are very comfortable with your bike......be safe!:mosh:

·
Premium Member
10,101 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee and wishing you a nice day. :patriot:
<!-- / message --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

·
Registered
4,920 Posts
Welcome to the Cafe from Spring, TeXas. :cheers:
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

1 - 20 of 27 Posts