Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am talking with a person in Anoka, MN that has a 2002 VTX 1800 for sale. I am in the Richmond, VA area and I'm trying to figure out a safe way to get this bike looked at go make sure it's safe to buy. I'd appreciate any advice. I've already found a shipping company (DAS) that can get it to me for $403. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Bob

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
i replied in the introduction thread, but i would post this in your state! this way, someone close to you would inform you on how, what they did.
but there are alot of trustworthy people here on the cafe. i would suggest posting this on the regular 1800 forum or the general topics. i'm certain others will reach out...on our own classified section there's a trusted brother selling his 1800, you can check it out if you wish:
http://www.vtxcafe.com/showthread.php/131346-2007-Honda-VTX-1800-S

here's what i had posted on your introduction:
welcome to the cafe family from south florida :coffee: :choppersm
okay, i know that this is only the introduction thread, perhaps posting this on the general 1800 forum will get you more responses. ;)
but here goes my $.02, these people are known to check out the bike for you and ship also... http://www.shippingmasters.com/motor...ing-checklist/
contact them and ask your questions.

maybe others will chime in here who've used similar service :patriot:

happy new years, good luck! let us know how you make out, and plenty of pictures when you do, lol...

·
Premium Member
10,097 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee and wishing you a great day. :patriot: ​I can't advise you as I don't know what I would do myself under the same circumstances, I do hope all goes the way you want it to.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the reply. I don't know but will find out. He's in Florida until the 6th so we've lined up a call on the 7th.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Monte 56, big thanks for the extra efforts (2 responses) to get me your info and thoughts. I'll reach out to the folks you've suggested to see what they have to offer. And I'll ov course check out the 1800 from the classified section. Still wondering how to pay and be assured that I'll get the bike and not be just sending my money away.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Welcome to the Cafe'. I know this isn't the introduction thread but oh well. I'd agree with check if the seller is a member of the Cafe or the VTXOA. Don't know what is on the bike or if it's a great deal but you may be able to find another 1800 closer by checking the classifieds on the two sites. The VTX's aren't a real complicated bike, don't have many problems (if taken care of), and just about any work can be done to them with the help of people here on the cafe. Good luck with your purchase.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to all for the support. Is there anyone out there that lives near Anoka MN who might be willing to look at this bike for me?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts