Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone I bought a VTX 1300r 2009 model went for a ride the other day and it just died going down the road came back and found some trash in the gas tank took the tank off the filter in the tank was bad so I put a inline filter on it and clean the carburetor and fuel tank out but it's still quits going down the road and will not start until you let it set for a little while and then it will start right up and go again for a few miles sometime longer any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Too short for my weight
5,563 Posts
There’s also a small screen where the fuel line enters the carburetor...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I looked in my fuel line where it goes on to the carburetor and could not find one

·
Registered
108 Posts
Something small causing problem these bike when running good will go a lot of miles i purchased mine because a friend of mine had 126,000 miles on his 2008 VTX 1300T after i took a ride on his bike ran right out and purchased the last VTX 1300 T they had

·
Reeling Jackwagon
2003 1300S
9,174 Posts
Vent line attached?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes the event line is attached I even run it all way down to find out where it went

·
There Can Only Be One
2,691 Posts
If all your hoses (vacuum & fuel) look good on all ends, it may be the petcock diaphragm and/or the carb slide diaphragm that needs to be inspected for possible pinholes/tears. Or there may still be junk in the tank that is loose again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I have been sick for the last 2 or 3 days and having I'm messing with it but I will check all that out and get back to you thanks for the information

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well all the vacuum lines and fuel lines look good I have put two coils on it for a new pet cock with screen and I have a mine see-through filter it all looks clean I have had the carburetor apart three times and inspected it and cleaned can't find anything but still having the same problem it will start run great but you never know when is going to act like it runs out of gas and die and will not start back until it sets for a little while then it will start right back up and run great till the next time it is driving me nuts

1 - 9 of 9 Posts