Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just did a bike trade with my Dad yesterday, gave him my Aero 750 to trade in on a Harley and he gave me his '05 1300S. Holy crap I love this bike. It is truly an amazing ride. Planning on doing a few things to it however. It's all silver so I'm having a friend paint it black, I'm putting ape hangers on it (still undecided on the height since I'm tall and have gorilla arms), and I want to put the 1300c fenders on it. Not big on the retro look. Not to big on the chrome thing either, whereas my father put as much chrome on it as he could, but it would probably be to much work and expense to try to black it out now.

Although I'm wondering if anyone on here has gone with black control housings. I like the look of the black housing on the chrome apes and since I think black bars with chrome housings wouldn't look right the way the bike is now.

Again just wanted to introduce myself on here and say hello to everyone.

-Bobby

·
Registered
118 Posts
Got the same bike, color too. Enjoy it! Welcome from Pennsylvania.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Welcome to the cafe. you have a very nice dad!!! remember that come father's day, on second thought, take him out for dinner or something, even before that, and before you personalize his creation...that might hurt him so!!! ride safe :choppersm:patriot:

·
No Reason To Be Serious
16,394 Posts
Welcome to The Cafe from sunny Shelby, NC (The Livermush Capital of the Free World)

-Ride Safe

Spoiler

:patriot:

....It's all silver so I'm having a friend paint it black...
Good idea... you probably gained about 20 hp by doing so..... :D:D:D

·
There Can Only Be One
2,735 Posts
Welcome to the addiction! :cool: I've seen a couple of bikes with black control housings...they look good. You can disassemble yours and either paint or powder coat them black. Powder coating would stand the test of time better!

·
aka "Buddha Bill"
1,188 Posts
Howdy from deepest, darkest Arkansas!

Rebel

If you pull any parts, sell them on the forum.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts