Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How ya doing ? I,m lefty an if ya was here all would be good your not I am not and so.I peck at this new tool.New ta me anyway.I now live in the north east which can be a bit frozen at times,like half the year seems.But thats OK there has to be separation ,men from boy,s women from men,crazy from loon.I fit neatly in the looney tune bin.I had a 2003-VTX1300-R what a ride!That was before me an Darth took a ride on the dark side.If it was good before it was great after.Yea it took some getting used to.The only problem was the scrubbing on the front tire.Which of coarse meant I would have to spend more raisins on more rubber which was the point to begin with.So,I was a truck driver an I had to leave my sled at the shop if I wanted any run time at all so I did what i could ta lock her up but I guess with plenty of time any low life can steal some ones freedom.Insurance pays off and I get the cash put some more with it and get a beast ta tame the east.1800 fear not brave reader, I will not get all uppity on ya.If ya knees are breezen ya cool with me matters not what got ya here on.long as it,s safe.Been biking for more years than i want to admit to,an ridden mostly anything with 2 wheels.I have a question for those more informed than me (which is like a lot of folks)I want to go double dark side.I have a 2005 VTX-1800-R what is the best, cheapest,biggest tire I can fit to my scooter.Any and all help would be appreciated.Lefty13 out.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Hey Lefty welcome to the Cafe from New York. Now about your new ride, the 1800R, do you have the cast wheels that a true R model has, or do you have the spoke wheels which is a S model? stock size cast wheel tires are 180/70/16 and can go into the 200 and larger size tires. the spoke wheels take smaller rubber on the rear as in 170/80/15. Many members use car tires for the rear wheel on both models, either someone will give you some good advise or you can search for darkside posts.
Good luck with a great bike
Bry :choppersm

·
The guitar, not the fish!
33,457 Posts
Welcome to the CAFE. Not sure I've heard of anyone going double darkside.
Welcome from Pennsylvania. Not heard of the Double D but I am sure there will be someone here to help out.
Double Darkside is running a car tire on the rear, and a rear motorcycle tire on the front mounted backwards...

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
here's a shout out from Calgary Alberta - may you ride with the wind at your back, the sun overhead and the road endlessly winding.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Welcome from Idaho...

·
Premium Member
10,101 Posts
Welcome from Tennessee and wishing you a nice day. :patriot:
<!-- / message --><!-- sig --><!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

·
Registered