Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2007 VTX 1800 C1
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Not to step on any toes, but I had to step down from a Valkyrie to a smaller bike for health and storage reasons and the moment I test rode the VTX 1800C I knew that I was going to be able to do it. After 23 years of having the Valk power on command on my coast to coast rides it is a definite change but I think this new bike and I are going to become very close. Handles like a dream and I've already started ordering the accessories to make it mine. Looking forward to input from these forums to help me fine tune the final accessories to make it mine.
Thank you for your time.

This is what I'm starting with

·
Registered
17,116 Posts
Hi All,
Not to step on any toes, but I had to step down from a Valkyrie to a smaller bike for health and storage reasons and the moment I test rode the VTX 1800C I knew that I was going to be able to do it. After 23 years of having the Valk power on command on my coast to coast rides it is a definite change but I think this new bike and I are going to become very close. Handles like a dream and I've already started ordering the accessories to make it mine. Looking forward to input from these forums to help me fine tune the final accessories to make it mine.
Thank you for your time.
View attachment 241067
Very nice. Unusual red with black tribal paint, haven't seen many. What kind of lower engine guard is that? Could we see a frontal pic or an angle from the front? Most of these bikes are 15-20 years old now, and while they may run forever, accessories are getting harder to come by. I've been on a waiting list for several months for a new set of Progressive 444's. Whats the mileage? Year? Has all the maintenance been done like all fluids changed? When was the rear wheel pulled off last? Flange bearing lubed with Moly paste? Age of the rubber- sidewall 4 digit code tells week and year of mfg. Older than 4-5 years are getting hard, losing gripping ability regardless of tread. Fully charge the battery, then take it to an auto parts house that will do a free 100 amp automotive load test, NOT a 20 amp MC test. When replacing some things, it's better to stick to OEM like a Yuasa battery, & the brake pads. The electrical system is pretty much near its capacity from the factory, changing all lights to LED is less draw on the system to add accessories, and brighter lights is always a good thing. Welcome from central Pa. high atop the Alleghenies.

Reactions: VPX

·
Registered
2007 VTX 1800 C1
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very nice. Unusual red with black tribal paint, haven't seen many. What kind of lower engine guard is that? Could we see a frontal pic or an angle from the front? Most of these bikes are 15-20 years old now, and while they may run forever, accessories are getting harder to come by. I've been on a waiting list for several months for a new set of Progressive 444's. Whats the mileage? Year? Has all the maintenance been done like all fluids changed? When was the rear wheel pulled off last? Flange bearing lubed with Moly paste? Age of the rubber- sidewall 4 digit code tells week and year of mfg. Older than 4-5 years are getting hard, losing gripping ability regardless of tread. Fully charge the battery, then take it to an auto parts house that will do a free 100 amp automotive load test, NOT a 20 amp MC test. When replacing some things, it's better to stick to OEM like a Yuasa battery, & the brake pads. The electrical system is pretty much near its capacity from the factory, changing all lights to LED is less draw on the system to add accessories, and brighter lights is always a good thing. Welcome from central Pa. high atop the Alleghenies.
Thx for the input. 19K miles, bought it from a dealership. No service records and supposedly one owner who traded it in on a bigger bike (ironic). It looks like the VTX community is very similar to the Valk community in that most the owners do their own work and mods on their bikes. I look forward to learning the idiosyncrasies of my new ride.

·
From ID, GO VANDALS!
2005 VTX 1800N Spec 1
405 Posts
Welcome to the group!

There is a tremendous wealth of knowledge here at the Cafe. A lot of DIY maintenance tips and upgrades. Best on-line group hands down.

Reactions: PaXman11

·
Registered
10 Posts
What up, VTX'rs. I bought my VTX 1800 a couple of years ago and love it. I decided to throw on some stretch bags 6x9 on it. Can anyone recommend latch hardware for them?

·
Registered
2007 VTX 1800 C1
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi All,
Thank you for your time.
View attachment 241067

·
Registered
17,116 Posts
Whats your location?

·
Registered
2007 VTX 1800 C1
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
After 2 months I am final done, for now.

Hi All,
Thank you for your time.
View attachment 241067
Now after 2 months I finished for now:

Whats your location?
Crawfordville, FL - just updated my info

Reactions: PaXman11
1 - 8 of 8 Posts