Honda VTX 1300 / VTX 1800 Motorcycles Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
SPyKERMods.com Owner
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's the grill we're looking to make for the VTX. Whatcha think?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Spyker, I like most of your designs, but this one doesn't do anything for me.
looks pretty "busy" for anyone who doesn't know the "VTX"
Props for keeping your designs alive and trying to add some variety.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Sorry Spyker, but I'd have to agree with the post above. Hard to make it out. Especially the T, it gets lost in there.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Not my favorite of your designs - I love the "simple silhouette" look, I think the mesh and lights can do a lot for it, but the I prefer a classic look that is immediately recognizable.

... and having said all that, I've just had another look at your site. The V-Star is really complicated, but it looks excellent!

·
Premium Member
27,731 Posts
I'm with the rest of them. I had a sissybar insert like Bassdude has from one of the members and the matching air filter cover but they never really grew on me. They were very well made it was the design that got to me after a relatively short period so they left for another members bike.

·
Really OLD FART Member
5,197 Posts
Looks like some guy standing behind a giant IUD. :hmm2:

:icon_susp Ummm...yeah...it's too "busy"...that's what I MEANT to say...

·
Cafe Vendor
3,785 Posts
Yeah, definitely too busy, I think you should go with a simpler design :D

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Really like most your work and wish I could go against the general concensus on this one but I can't. Too busy and hard to make out.

·
The guitar, not the fish!
33,457 Posts
Personally, I'd like to get one with this design in it...I have one of Doug's Spectre air filters here waiting to go on the bike, but really hate to pull this one off the bike due to the airbox cutout uniqueness...

·
Cafe Vendor
3,785 Posts
Personally, I'd like to get one with this design in it...I have one of Doug's Spectre air filters here waiting to go on the bike, but really hate to pull this one off the bike due to the airbox cutout uniqueness...

Hey Bass, if you could get permission from LazerDude, it can probably be made, since it was his design IIRC.

·
SPyKERMods.com Owner
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Okay folks, scrap that one.

Wer'e going horizontal with it. New pic to come shortly. We're on the right path but I just asked Jeff to try one more thing first. :D

·
IBA #37750
1,813 Posts
Okay folks, scrap that one.

Wer'e going horizontal with it. New pic to come shortly. We're on the right path but I just asked Jeff to try one more thing first. :D
Now that's what I was thinking....horizontal! (VTX letters)

·
Erect Member
11,583 Posts
Now that's what I was thinking....horizontal! (VTX letters)
horizontal is good...me likey horizontal. oh wait...nevermind :rolleyes:

yeah, that design is a little confusing spyker...anyone not knowing the bike wont know what the letters are...xtv, tvx, vxt, txv, etc...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts